PC3200 RAM for A7N8X Deluxe?

Old October 29th 03, 03:56 AM
Eyman

Default PC3200 RAM for A7N8X Deluxe?

Hi,

Ive got an A7N8X Deluxe v2.0 board currently running a 2600+ XP and 2 sticks
of 512Mb PC2700 Kingmax RAM.

As prices of the 3200+ XP have dropped sharply Im looking at buying this CPU
and running the system and RAM on a 400Mhz FSB, as I dont wish to overclock
or run my current CPU at a higher FSB.

The question is what types of RAM besides Corsair, OCZ and other premium
brands will work will in a 400Mhz FSB setup in an A7N8X Deluxe?. From
reading this group Ive noted that the board is picky with PC3200 Ram.

Here in Sydney Australia I have the following types of 512Mb modules
availiable to me and they are all about $190 AUD each, compared to about
$260-$300 for the premium brands.

- Apacer with a samsung chipset
- Kingmax super ram
- Kingston

I read a review of PC3200 modules in which corsair, OCZ, mushkin and kingmax
were compared in a magazine called Atomic. Surprisingly the Kingmax Ram beat
all the other brands hands down, and this is why I would like to stick with
Kingmax.

Could people let me know if they are using any of the above brands in an
A7N8X Deluxe particularily Kingmax super ram.

Thanks in advance

Eyman

Old October 29th 03, 04:48 AM
Roy Coorne

Eyman schrieb:
The question is what types of RAM besides Corsair, OCZ and other premium
brands will work will in a 400Mhz FSB setup in an A7N8X Deluxe?. From
reading this group Ive noted that the board is picky with PC3200 Ram.

Here in Sydney Australia I have the following types of 512Mb modules
availiable to me and they are all about $190 AUD each, compared to about
$260-$300 for the premium brands.

www.crucial.com are shipping to Australia, too; they sell Micron RAM
which is in the Memory QVL Table for the A7N8X Deluxe:
http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=...eluxe&langs=09
You may wish to check the price incl. cost of transportation.

roy

Old October 29th 03, 10:50 PM
Ron

Installed 2 sticks of [KVR400X64C25/256] when system built last month.
Perfect. Yesterday, installed one additional stick (same number) but 512MB.
Now 1024MB total. Still perfect. This is in a 3000+/400 without O/C'ing.

Ron

Old October 30th 03, 12:22 AM
AJ

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:56:51 +1100, "Eyman" wrote:

Hi,

Ive got an A7N8X Deluxe v2.0 board currently running a 2600+ XP and 2 sticks
of 512Mb PC2700 Kingmax RAM.

As prices of the 3200+ XP have dropped sharply Im looking at buying this CPU
and running the system and RAM on a 400Mhz FSB, as I dont wish to overclock
or run my current CPU at a higher FSB.

ASUS Approved RAM list:
DIMM
Vendor | DIMM Part No. | CL | Size | Side | DIE
Vendor | DIE Part No.
Samsung | M368L6423
DTM-CC4 | 3 | 512MB | Double | Samsung | K4H560838D-
TCC4

Samsung | M368L3223
DTM-CC4 | 3 | 256MB | Single | Samsung | K4H560838D-
TCC4

Adata | BDMA83A | 2.5 | 256MB | Single | Winbond | W942508BH-5

TwinMOS | MDouble
TTUF08108L294
K4FW0/T | 2.5 | 256MB | Single | TwinMOS | TMD7608F
8E50B

Winbond | W9451GBDB-5 | 2.5 | 512MB | Double | Winbond | W942508BH-5

TwinMOS | | 2.5 | 512MB | Double | Winbond | W942508BH-5

TwinMOS | | 2.5 | 256MB | Single | Winbond | W942508BH-5

Kingston | KVR400X64
C25/256 | 2.5 | 256MB | Single | Winbond | W942508BH-5

Corsair | CMX512-3200C
2XMS3202 v1.1 | 2.5 |512M | Double | |

I run 2x 512MB Elixir in dual channel with no problems.
http://www.ms4me.com/mo51pc4ddrme.html

2500+ @ 3200+
A7N8X2.0 DLX BIOS 1003
GF 5200 FX
V11+ HSF CPU 44C

When your PC gives a little they give a lot.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/disco