ASUS P4p800 & P4c800 dont work with new CPU

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 10th 04, 09:08 AM
Greysky

Default ASUS P4p800 & P4c800 dont work with new CPU

Reports have been coming in that the ASUS mainboards will not work with the
new Prescott processors - which is the main reason for the 1015 version BIOS
patch. If anyone has gotten these boards to work with the new P4 CPUs, with
or without the new BIOS, let us know please. If the boards need the new bios
to work the obvious question becomes "Why did ASUS wait so long to release
the bios,and not include it in the 1014 bios?" So far, there has been no
update bios for the P4C800 although I expect one soon.