Looking to buy evga AGP 7600 GS geforce nvidia. Are AGP going to be discontinued ?

Old November 10th 06, 02:14 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Roger Papadopoulos

Default Looking to buy evga AGP 7600 GS geforce nvidia. Are AGP going to be discontinued ?

I happen to have the evga 5700 FX Ultra, I "think" that the evga 7600 GS is
a better card to upgrade for my old system AGP.
This will be the last AGP video card I will buy. I do not want to spend a
lot of money, Is it wise to buy used? or where can I find one on a really
good "SALE" ? I checked newegg.com, and are not on sale. Should I wait?
are AGP going to be discontinued?

Thanks

Roger

Old November 10th 06, 04:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Larry Roberts

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 21:14:58 -0500, "Roger Papadopoulos"
wrote:

I happen to have the evga 5700 FX Ultra, I "think" that the evga 7600 GS is
a better card to upgrade for my old system AGP.
This will be the last AGP video card I will buy. I do not want to spend a
lot of money, Is it wise to buy used? or where can I find one on a really
good "SALE" ? I checked newegg.com, and are not on sale. Should I wait?
are AGP going to be discontinued?

Thanks

Roger

It's hard to say it seems. Everytime sceptics say AGP is dead,
some manufacturer pops up with a high end version of the current GPU,
then a slew of mid to low end cards follow. Going from a 5700 Ultra to
a 7600GS would be a nice upgrade IMO. Newegg has some instock now.
They start at $128.99, and up. Check the GPU, and memory clocks
though. They seem to be different between different manufactures.
Old November 10th 06, 08:39 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Victor

Roger Papadopoulos wrote:
I happen to have the evga 5700 FX Ultra, I "think" that the evga 7600 GS is
a better card to upgrade for my old system AGP.
This will be the last AGP video card I will buy. I do not want to spend a
lot of money, Is it wise to buy used? or where can I find one on a really
good "SALE" ? I checked newegg.com, and are not on sale. Should I wait?
are AGP going to be discontinued?

Thanks

Roger

Agp are usually more costly than the same pci express version.
Make sure too buy one with ddr2 800mhz memory clock some are only ddr
500.