P4C800-Deluxe & Intel RAID 0

Old February 5th 04, 01:24 PM
Bob S

Default P4C800-Deluxe & Intel RAID 0

Is it possible to set up 2 SATA drives as RAID 0 on the intel SATA ports on
this mobo running XP Pro? If so how do I do it?

The mobo manual is very confusing and it appears to allow RAID only through
the Promise RAID controller - which gives very poor I/O rates under my
system.

Old February 5th 04, 02:34 PM
ntl: Victim

If you only have the P4C800 Deluxe and not the P4C800-E Deluxe then you
simply do not have the option of using Intel RAID as it isn't included. The
"E" version of the board is the one with this facility.

Old February 5th 04, 04:25 PM
Buzby

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 14:34:28 -0000, "ntl: Victim"
wrote:

Have you installed the promise raid drivers? I have the same mobo as
you that I've just setup & mine works just fine, like the other person
said though you need the E version for the intel sata raid

Cheers Shelton.

Old February 5th 04, 06:39 PM
Bob S

Yes I installed the Promise RAID drivers in the F6 option when loading XP
Pro. I wanted to use the intel RAID options as the I/O through put is said
to run at full SATA speed rather than the Promise which only runs at 133
max.

Did you managed to get the intel RAID working on this board?
Thanks Bob

Old February 5th 04, 07:13 PM
Buzby

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 18:39:58 -0000, "Bob S"
wrote:

Yes, but thats the point if like me you have the P4C800 Deluxe & NOT
the P4800-E Deluxe (note the extra E in there) then the only sata raid
option you have is the promise one, the E version has another 2 sats
raid ports on it which are the intel ones? How many does yours have?
Mine (non E) has 4 in total not 6?

Cheers Shelton.

Yes I installed the Promise RAID drivers in the F6 option when loading XP
Pro. I wanted to use the intel RAID options as the I/O through put is said
to run at full SATA speed rather than the Promise which only runs at 133
max.

Did you managed to get the intel RAID working on this board?
Thanks Bob

.. .

Old February 5th 04, 11:17 PM
ntl: Victim

You mentioned that the Promise controller only runs at 133 max, the fact
remains that none of the Hard Drives you could possibly be connecting can
ever reach the 133 max transfer rate anyway.