400 Mhz FSB micro on 333 FSB MB?

Old July 18th 04, 09:44 PM
skyhydro

Default 400 Mhz FSB micro on 333 FSB MB?

Would an AMD XP 400mhz fsb 3200+ work on KD7-Raid which can only support up
to 333 Mhz FSB micros? I'm thinking of buying a faster 400mhz micro today
so I could use it a few months later when I buy a 400mhz MB.

Old July 19th 04, 05:32 AM
Wes Newell

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 16:44:57 -0400, skyhydro wrote:

Would an AMD XP 400mhz fsb 3200+ work on KD7-Raid which can only support up
to 333 Mhz FSB micros? I'm thinking of buying a faster 400mhz micro today
so I could use it a few months later when I buy a 400mhz MB.

Yes, but it's a waste of money. It will run at the same speed as a 2500+.
Then when you get the new MB, run the 2500+ at the same speed as the
3200+. Or just buy the 2500+ and MB now since it would be less than the
3200+ alone.

ATX or Micro ATX seabat Homebuilt PC's 1 October 8th 04 04:05 AM
Connector between power switch, reset switch, LEDs, speaker and Micro ATX mobo Clive Long,UK Homebuilt PC's 2 February 22nd 04 11:01 PM
Micro system drives vs standard ATX? John Homebuilt PC's 1 November 9th 03 06:49 PM
Micro ATX board with 300 Watts ATX Power Supply PCboy Homebuilt PC's 2 October 15th 03 03:09 PM
micro atx w/firewire J.Clarke Overclocking AMD Processors 4 October 2nd 03 05:25 PM