MB Monitoring Utilities?

Old November 6th 08, 06:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
(PeteCresswell)

Default MB Monitoring Utilities?

My Asus board came with a little util that tells CPU temp, MB
temp, and a number of other things.

Is there something on my EP45-DS3L install disc that I missed?
--
PeteCresswell
Old November 7th 08, 12:04 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
JT

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
My Asus board came with a little util that tells CPU temp, MB
temp, and a number of other things.

Is there something on my EP45-DS3L install disc that I missed?

The Gigabtye program that does that is called EasyTune. You can DL from
the website too.
Old November 7th 08, 01:21 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
(PeteCresswell)

Per jt:

Is there something on my EP45-DS3L install disc that I missed?

The Gigabtye program that does that is called EasyTune. You can DL from
the website too.

Thanks.

Found it by Googling "Gigabyte EasyTune Download".

I hope my new motherboard is going to work better done than
GigaByte's web site... -)
--
PeteCresswell
Old November 7th 08, 02:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
(PeteCresswell)

Per (PeteCresswell):
Found it by Googling "Gigabyte EasyTune Download".

Anybody know how it is presented?

I've clicked "Setup.exe" a few times and there's about .75
seconds of "Install Wiz"... but it just flashes past.

After that, I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Should it be a choice somewhere on the Start menu?
--
PeteCresswell
Old November 7th 08, 05:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Paul

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per (PeteCresswell):
Found it by Googling "Gigabyte EasyTune Download".

Anybody know how it is presented?

I've clicked "Setup.exe" a few times and there's about .75
seconds of "Install Wiz"... but it just flashes past.

After that, I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Should it be a choice somewhere on the Start menu?

Did you download from the Utilities link here ? EasyTune6. Released Oct29/08.

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...ProductID=2844

Utilities like that, need to access hardware. The method used,
might be an ACPI object (with info passed by the BIOS to the
OS at boot time). A second way, is for a driver to be installed
when the utility is installed. If that doesn't work, you could
try installing as administrator.

For example, in my Device Manager hidden devices, one of the
Asus programs left behind an "Asushwio" driver, which could be
how something like Asus Probe gets to the hardware.

Paul
Old November 7th 08, 10:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Beemer

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
Per (PeteCresswell):
Found it by Googling "Gigabyte EasyTune Download".

Anybody know how it is presented?

I've clicked "Setup.exe" a few times and there's about .75
seconds of "Install Wiz"... but it just flashes past.

After that, I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Should it be a choice somewhere on the Start menu?
--
PeteCresswell

Pete,

You should have the easytune 6 icon in your taskbar. Alternate click on it
and select "show"

Note that the instructions for changing fan speed is a little incorrect as
it appears that there is a slider missing but it does work if you change the
left hand slider.

regards,

Beemer

Old November 7th 08, 06:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
(PeteCresswell)

Per Paul:
Did you download from the Utilities link here ? EasyTune6. Released Oct29/08.

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...ProductID=2844

Apparently not.

Must've been from another page on the site, bc I wound up with
something named "motherboard_utility_ultra_tpm.exe" instead of
the "motherboard_utility_gbttools_gbt_et6.exe" which is
downloading right now from the link above.

Thanks for the corrected link.
--
PeteCresswell
Old November 8th 08, 07:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
(PeteCresswell)

Per Beemer:
You should have the easytune 6 icon in your taskbar. Alternate click on it
and select "show"

Note that the instructions for changing fan speed is a little incorrect

I've got it now - thanks to the corrected download link.

Whenever the machine is booted, it starts giving off what I'd
interpret as an alarm signal. None of the numbers are at of
above the warning limits - but it keeps on making the noise until
I manage to close it down.

Any thoughts?
--
PeteCresswell
Old November 9th 08, 12:12 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Onsokumaru

Sometimes if you use the fan speed alarm, it can sound for quite a few
seconds until the CPU gets hot enough and the fan spins up.

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
news
Per Beemer:

Old November 9th 08, 10:35 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Beemer

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
news
Per Beemer:
You should have the easytune 6 icon in your taskbar. Alternate click on
it
and select "show"

Note that the instructions for changing fan speed is a little incorrect

I've got it now - thanks to the corrected download link.

Whenever the machine is booted, it starts giving off what I'd
interpret as an alarm signal. None of the numbers are at of
above the warning limits - but it keeps on making the noise until
I manage to close it down.

Any thoughts?
--
PeteCresswell

Pete,

My guess is that Easytune is trying to monitor one or more fans that are not
actually installed as happened to me. Touching each fan's center with your
finger will show which fan is which as you watch the Easytune fan page.
Then you can lower the slider of the missing fan's so that it changes from
red to blue. Of course you must have the fan control activated in the bios.
My fans are only 3 pin so I had to set "voltage" as the fan control bios
option. You can then select the advanced fan control in Easytune. If you
cannot stop the noise you can always switch the sound off in Easytune.

Beemer

Norton Utilities Freddie Packard Bell Computers 0 October 26th 04 03:33 PM
Nero Utilities RobF Cdr 0 November 24th 03 08:17 PM
utilities Ripa Asus Motherboards 1 November 17th 03 05:19 PM
TV out utilities Janne Nvidia Videocards 9 November 14th 03 01:23 AM