Unable to use my old 20" CRT TV after uninstalling v9.7, rebooting,and installing v10.12 driver.

Old December 21st 10, 08:03 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant[_3_]

Default Unable to use my old 20" CRT TV after uninstalling v9.7, rebooting,and installing v10.12 driver.

Hello.

I finally dumped my old ATI Catalyst v9.7 driver by uninstalling,
rebooting, installing v10.12 (hdmiaudo.exe, xcode.exe, and ccc_ocl.exe)
in my old, updated Windows XP Pro. SP3 machine. However, I knew this
would happen with the upgrade. Hence, the long wait to upgrade. It seems
like something broke?

I cannot seem to use my 20" old CRT TV as my secondary display anymore
for clone and full screen theater (watch videos fullscreen from my
computer and still use my primary for whatever like surfing the web). I
tried in both CCC's basic and advanced mode, but couldn't do it. See
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/7...ccc1210xpp.gif for
a screen shot for basic mode.

I can get my TV to be the primary/main screen, but I don't have my
primary LCD monitor to use the PC.

What's up? I think I will need to go back to v9.7 driver just to use
this feature again! I wonder what was the last version that worked.
Thank you in advance.
--
"It is certain that there may be extraordinary mental activity with an
extremely small absolute mass of nervous matter: thus the wonderfully
Old December 21st 10, 08:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
KCB[_2_]

?
"Ant" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Have you tried selecting the Digital Flat Panel as the Main Display?
Does/Would that enable the grayed-out choices for Secondary?

Old December 21st 10, 11:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant[_3_]

On 12/21/2010 12:47 PM PT, KCB typed:

[...]

Woah, that actually worked but why? The reason for VGA is because I use
an old four ports Belkin KVM from 2000. I really don't want to buy a new
one since DVI KVMs, including cables, are expensive.
--
"We're all ants. I'm a glittery little ant." --Alanis Morissette
Old December 22nd 10, 11:00 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Chuck

On 12/21/2010 6:26 PM, Ant wrote:
[...]

Some of the KVM's prevented the EDIDE info from the display from being
available or read properly. I happen to have an old dual port unit that
does this.

Old December 22nd 10, 04:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant[_3_]

On 12/22/2010 3:00 AM PT, Chuck typed:

[...]

Did you have this problem last year like with Catalyst driver v9.7 and
below? I didn't and didn't change video cables, KVM, card, 19" LCD
monitor, etc. Only the drivers.
--
"After World War III, the ants will still be around." --unknown
Old December 22nd 10, 08:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
KCB[_2_]

?
"Ant" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Actually, I don't think the display info was blocked, because CCC showed it
as a Syncmaster. You do have a Syncmaster, right? I just had a hunch that
the newer driver was being a little too smart for it's own good, disabling
something on the right, that wouldn't work with your current selection on
the left. Is everything working now?

Old December 22nd 10, 09:28 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant[_3_]

On 12/22/2010 12:50 PM PT, KCB typed:

Actually, I don't think the display info was blocked, because CCC showed
it as a Syncmaster. You do have a Syncmaster, right? I just had a hunch

Yes. The same one for several years. Definitely the same one with this
two years old video card.

that the newer driver was being a little too smart for it's own good,
disabling something on the right, that wouldn't work with your current
selection on the left. Is everything working now?

Um yes, but I still can't do both VGA and TV. I only can do DVI and TV.
I want VGA and TV so I can use my KVM to go back and forth easily and
quickly. If I use DVI, then I have to tell my monitor to switch to DVI
after the KVM switch back to the machine with ATI Radeon 4870 video
card. I wonder when this "glitch/bug" came up after v9.7 until this
v10.12.
--
"Ah. Those club kids did eat those ants up like popcorn." --CSI: Miami
(Wannabe episode; #218)
Old December 23rd 10, 09:02 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Chuck

On 12/22/2010 3:50 PM, KCB wrote:
?
"Ant" wrote in message
m...
[...]

20" old CRT TV is likely not a Syncmaster. The LCD display (Like one of
mine) is likely a "syncmaster"
The driver may be reading just one display.

Usually, KVMs are used to connect one display to more than one PC.

Old December 23rd 10, 12:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant[_3_]

On 12/23/2010 1:02 AM PT, Chuck typed:

On 12/22/2010 3:50 PM, KCB wrote:
?
"Ant" wrote in message
m...
[...]

CRT TV is a Sharp brand through an old VCR as well. I don't know if VCR
is the problem. TV only has one input for antenna (coax cable).

The driver may be reading just one display.

Is that normal now or a bug? Weird that I never had

Usually, KVMs are used to connect one display to more than one PC.

TV isn't on KVM for sure since it uses S-Video between video card and
VCR to TV. Only VGA (with DVI adapters) connections are.
--
"Is it for pleasure you were made? Not for doing, and for action? Look
at the plants, the sparrows, the ants, spiders, bees, all doing their
Old December 23rd 10, 07:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Chuck

On 12/23/2010 7:18 AM, Ant wrote:
On 12/23/2010 1:02 AM PT, Chuck typed:

On 12/22/2010 3:50 PM, KCB wrote:
?
"Ant" wrote in message
m...
[...]

There have been so many driver revisions that they seem to fix some
bugs, unfix one or two, and sometimes add a new one! The last detection
problem I had involved laptop drivers. The only really odd problems with
new drivers and my ATI cards involves switching from DVI to HDMI, audio,
and display size not filling a LCD screen at native resolution.
The cure was to use the reset function in CCC.