8 x 10 prints and ink cost

Old April 15th 06, 05:54 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default 5200 vs 6600d

jonsnow3000 wrote:

I bought the 6600d today for 200 dollars at compusa. The 5200 model
was on sell for 140 and the hp 8250 was 80 dollars. I am very happy
with my choice

UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO MOSTLY PRINT WITHOUT USING A COMPUTER THE IP5200
WOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER CHOICE.

after going to my local rite aid last month and almost buying another
38 dollar tri-color ink cartridge for my hp 712c. The prints are sharp
and I can see detail like you wouldn't believe. The color is spot on.
This will very, very work well for what I do. The red lights on the
inks look like something out of Star Trek, a very cool effect. The
inks are about 14 dollars each but hold twice the ml of the 8250 which
cost 9.99 each and in various ml sizes. If hp had any sense they would
have put at least 14 ml in each ink cartridge, I would have no problem
buying the hp for that alone. I heard the 8250 costs a small fortune
in ink costs and run out every 100 pages.

Old April 17th 06, 01:27 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default 8 x 10 prints and ink cost

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 22:11:20 +0200, "pecan"
wrote:

I use HP ink and HP paper, but can't see if it's swellable polymer.... how
would I know?

Catherine

I believe all of the HP photo papers are swellable polymer. I know
that the Premium and Premium Plus ones definitely are.

---

http://www.FenrirOnline.com

Computer services, custom metal etching,
arts, crafts, and much more.
Old April 17th 06, 04:27 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"measekite" wrote in message
news

jonsnow3000 wrote:

I bought the 6600d today for 200 dollars at compusa. The 5200 model was
on sell for 140 and the hp 8250 was 80 dollars. I am very happy with my
choice

UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO MOSTLY PRINT WITHOUT USING A COMPUTER THE IP5200
WOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER CHOICE.

Some of us are willing to pay the extra $50 to get versatility. Your money,
you make your choice, My money, I made mine, as did jonsnow.

Old April 17th 06, 05:01 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

I bought the 6600d today for 200 dollars at compusa. The 5200 model was
on sell for 140 and the hp 8250 was 80 dollars. I am very happy with my
choice

Some of us are willing to pay the extra $50 to get versatility. Your
money, you make your choice, My money, I made mine, as did jonsnow.

The troll owns an ip4000 and is so in love with it that he/she doesn't
acknowledge the benefit of six color printers for photo printing. Typical
response on MK's part is to criticize someone's purchase after the fact
based on his meager experience of owning this one inkjet printer. I have
two i960 printers and really like the photo print quality. The positive on
the six color Canon printer is more subtle shading due to the reduced
dye-load inks. The downside is that it literally drinks the reduced
dye-load inks.

Old April 17th 06, 10:14 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"measekite" wrote in message
news

jonsnow3000 wrote:

I bought the 6600d today for 200 dollars at compusa. The 5200 model was
on sell for 140 and the hp 8250 was 80 dollars. I am very happy with my
choice

UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO MOSTLY PRINT WITHOUT USING A COMPUTER THE IP5200
WOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER CHOICE.

Some of us are willing to pay the extra $50 to get versatility. Your money,
you make your choice, My money, I made mine, as did jonsnow.

THERE REALLY IS NO VERSATILITY UNLESS YOU WANT TO PRINT WITHOUT USING A
COMPUTER. IFNOT YOU DO NOT NEED THE TINY LCD. THE EXTRA MONEY WILL BUY
YOU AN ADDITIONALO SET OF CARTS.

Old April 17th 06, 11:30 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Burt wrote:
[...]

Yes, the spiffy screen is beside the point. In the past there were D
models offered for the photo printers, and screenless ones. Now there
is no choice.. at least in North America. Japan is another story, you
have your choice between the 6600D for ï¿¥27,900 ($236.00) or the
ip7500 for ï¿¥23,800.(US$202.08) I.e. the screenless model with the
extra black sells for less and offers an option for users who otherwise
would pick the ip4200/5200 for a general purpose printer.

But I would agree it's the user's choice. A printer is a tool... and
every tool user has their own preference. I would not criticize this
person's choice as their power application is printing photos. The
pigment black offers no real benifit... except for oddballs like me who
want stark lines matte on cartoony work.