ATI Radeon 9600, no channels avail

Old September 25th 04, 06:50 AM
Nikolette

Default ATI Radeon 9600, no channels avail

I'm sorry I really have no idea what I'm talking about, but my question is
that when the TV stopped working I did a PC Check and failed the following:
Not MMX Architecture, DirectX Components are not installed properly, and
Capture driver INF files are not installed. I don't know how this happened
as the TV used to work perfectly and of course I only recognized DirectX and
have uninstalled and reinstalled it a couple times. I have XP SP2 and . . .
I don't know what other info might be needed in order to troubleshoot but
any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Nik

---

Old September 27th 04, 06:59 AM
Nikolette

No, long before. I can't think of anything I did at the time it started
happening except maybe install Opera.

Nik

"Nikolette" wrote in message
I'm sorry I really have no idea what I'm talking about, but my question
is
that when the TV stopped working I did a PC Check and failed the

following:
Not MMX Architecture, DirectX Components are not installed properly, and
Capture driver INF files are not installed. I don't know how this

happened
as the TV used to work perfectly and of course I only recognized DirectX

and
have uninstalled and reinstalled it a couple times. I have XP SP2 and .
.

.

Old September 28th 04, 02:36 PM
T Shadow

"Nikolette" wrote in message
[...]

PC Check is very unreliable but check Device Manager for a yellow
exclamation mark and run Dxdiag to verify if it has a problem.

or

Since you upgraded SP2 while it wasn't working, I would download the latest
graphic and multimedia software from ATI, uninstall the old and install the
new. Running the cleaner program in-between might be a good idea.

Which 9600 and version of Dx do you have? Are you using NTSC or PAL(what
country are you in)?

HTH