agp 8x - how to check transer rate?

Old July 28th 04, 05:17 AM
macowski

Default agp 8x - how to check transer rate?

I just got a used ge-force 4 ti4200 agp graphics card. I think it is
capable of 8x agp transfer rates. My motherboard is a Shuttle an35 -
the bios has an "enable 8x agp" mode that I do in fact have enabled.
However, the only way I know of to check the transfer rate is with
Sisoft Sandra which reports the transfer rate as 4x. Is there any
other way to check, and if it really is running at 4x, how can you
change it? I went to the shuttle website and there are no new usb
patches or anything for the mobo (at least for xp anyway). Any and
all help is greatly appreciated.
Old July 28th 04, 05:59 AM
SevenSamurai

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 04:17:13 GMT, macowski
wrote:

I just got a used ge-force 4 ti4200 agp graphics card. I think it is
capable of 8x agp transfer rates.

Unless your card is specifically identified as:
"NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X"
by the drivers, then your Ti4200 is not AGP 8X capable.

Old July 28th 04, 07:39 AM
The Black Wibble

"macowski" wrote in message

I just got a used ge-force 4 ti4200 agp graphics card. I think it is
capable of 8x agp transfer rates. My motherboard is a Shuttle an35 -
the bios has an "enable 8x agp" mode that I do in fact have enabled.
However, the only way I know of to check the transfer rate is with
Sisoft Sandra which reports the transfer rate as 4x. Is there any
other way to check, and if it really is running at 4x, how can you
change it? I went to the shuttle website and there are no new usb
patches or anything for the mobo (at least for xp anyway). Any and
all help is greatly appreciated.

In Display Properties - Settings - Advanced - { name of card }, you
should see the bus spec under "Adapter Information". The coolbits registry
hack http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=815 adds the AGP Settings
properties page, among other things. This version of coolbits doesn't work
with nVidia drivers older than 55.xx.

Tony.

Old July 29th 04, 12:19 AM
Kokoro

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, macowski ordered an army of hamsters
to type:

I just got a used ge-force 4 ti4200 agp graphics card. I think it is
capable of 8x agp transfer rates. My motherboard is a Shuttle an35 -
the bios has an "enable 8x agp" mode that I do in fact have enabled.
However, the only way I know of to check the transfer rate is with
Sisoft Sandra which reports the transfer rate as 4x. Is there any
other way to check, and if it really is running at 4x, how can you
change it? I went to the shuttle website and there are no new usb
patches or anything for the mobo (at least for xp anyway). Any and
all help is greatly appreciated.

CPU-Z will report whether the agp is actually running at 1x, 2x, 4x, or 8x.
Old July 29th 04, 12:47 AM
PRIVATE1964

The Ti4200's run at 4x. Not 8x

There are some 4200's that are 8X. Mine is, but that doesn't mean his is.
Old July 29th 04, 08:44 AM
macowski

Thanks for the tip - I downloaded the coolbits hack (I had an older
one installed that did not have the AGP section) which informed me
that I'm running at 4x and the slider tops out at 4x. This would lead
me to believe that (as others here have stated) the card is NOT 8x.
I've been duped!! Oh well, whatcha gonna do, I only paid $50 for it.
Thanks again.

Old July 29th 04, 02:27 PM
PRIVATE1964

This would lead
me to believe that (as others here have stated) the card is NOT 8x.
I've been duped!!

Don't worry about it 8X is not that much faster then 4X.
In fact I run my 8X card at 4X because it runs faster for some reason.