Installing older 43.45 display drivers

Old December 13th 03, 10:07 PM
Max Harrell

Default Installing older 43.45 display drivers

I just bought the X3d stereo viewer and X3d told me I had to use the 43.45
display drivers to get it to work. ( FX 5700 Ultra) I have tried for three
days to get these drivers to install and have had no luck. I know how to
install drivers and I have no trouble installing the latest drivers, they go
on without any trouble at all. I called Nivida and talked to them for an
hour and they said I was installing the drivers correctly. Nivida also said
they had trouble installing the older drivers. I am just about to give up on
the 43.45 drivers. Can anybody here help with this problem?

Max Harrell

Old December 13th 03, 10:17 PM
Protozoa

"Max Harrell" wrote in message
I just bought the X3d stereo viewer and X3d told me I had to use the 43.45
display drivers to get it to work. ( FX 5700 Ultra) I have tried for three
days to get these drivers to install and have had no luck. I know how to
install drivers and I have no trouble installing the latest drivers, they

go
on without any trouble at all. I called Nivida and talked to them for an
hour and they said I was installing the drivers correctly. Nivida also

said
they had trouble installing the older drivers. I am just about to give up

on
the 43.45 drivers. Can anybody here help with this problem?

Max Harrell

45's work perfectly fine for me.

Old December 14th 03, 05:49 AM
Squiggle

I presume you are using XP. There is a utility at GURU3d.com that will allow
you to completely remove all trace of "OLD" drivers. Go there and get
Detonator RIP. It works.

Now,if you're not using XP,then do the same for 98 or ME. After
rebooting,install the older drivers- the newer versions may have been
conflicting with older DLLs or something.

Try that anyway...see how ya go

PAUL

Old December 14th 03, 09:52 AM
Me

What actually happens when you fail to install the drivers ?

Do you get error messages or something ?

Old December 14th 03, 02:17 PM
Protozoa

Thanks bud, i'll give it a try.

Old December 14th 03, 08:19 PM
Protozoa

Excellent, can't understand why I didn't think of it.

Old December 15th 03, 04:35 AM
Max Harrell

"Me" wrote in message
What actually happens when you fail to install the drivers ?

Do you get error messages or something ?

"Max Harrell" wrote in message

I go thru the normal install and everything seems ok, but when reboot the

old drivers are still in place. I can go back to the orginal drivers with
the CD that came with my fx5700 and can go tho the latest drivers. I just
can't go to the 40 series drivers.

Max

Old December 15th 03, 08:49 PM
Max Harrell

"Me" wrote in message
Use a driver removal tool such as "Detonator Destroyer" pr "Nasty File
Remover" to remove all traces of the current drivers.
Restart.
If asked to provide a location to drivers after the restart say "No" or
"Cancel".
Then install 45.23 drivers. To use 3D Stereo you will also need to install
the 45.23 Stereo drivers.

At present these are the latest that support 3D glasses.
The VGA drivers and the 3D stereo drivers are 2 separate packages.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_45.23.html
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dstereo_45.23
http://www.guru3d.com/detonator-destroyer/
http://www.guru3d.com/stereo/
http://www.guru3d.com/forum/forumdis...?s=&forumid=45

I talked to Nvidia this morning and they told me that my FX 5700 Ultra

would not work with the curent stereo drivers and that I would have to wait
a while. I ask when they would be out and they said they do not know. I
guess I will just have to send my X3D system back and reorder when the
drivers are ready.

Max

Old December 17th 03, 05:53 PM
Max Harrell

"Max Harrell" wrote in message
I just bought the X3d stereo viewer and X3d told me I had to use the 43.45
display drivers to get it to work. ( FX 5700 Ultra) I have tried for three
days to get these drivers to install and have had no luck. I know how to
install drivers and I have no trouble installing the latest drivers, they

go
on without any trouble at all. I called Nivida and talked to them for an
hour and they said I was installing the drivers correctly. Nivida also

said
they had trouble installing the older drivers. I am just about to give up

on
the 43.45 drivers. Can anybody here help with this problem?

Max Harrell

Nvidia now says that my chipset will not work with the Stereo Glasses, I
need an older Gforce videocard.

Max