Funny Clock Speed on FX5600

Old August 17th 03, 10:13 PM
Mario Kadastik

Default Funny Clock Speed on FX5600

Derek wrote:
I can't get this FX5600 to work properly. I've just installed and run
Powerstrip and it returned these clock speeds...

Memory clock - 100.29 MHz
Engine clock - 54.00 MHz
IRQ - 16, not shared
AGP revision - 3.00

I thought that I should be getting something like 275/300 or so?? It might
help explain why the card has been so useless. Is there anything to be done
here or is it back to the seller??

Incidentally, increasing the clock speeds just stops the card from working..

Derek

If you look at futuremark site then all their benchmarks with FX5600
show these odd clock speeds. I'd also like to know what's the question
as the clocks should be a lot higher (memory clock was around 550MHz as
I remember, can't remember the core).

Mario

Old August 18th 03, 08:14 AM
Derek

I don't think that applies in XP.

Derek

"Ron Obvious" wrote in message
whats yer ram at? i had simular prob with my FX5600 just u'll be finego

into
yer system.ini file and change the vcashe to 500000

Old August 21st 03, 02:29 PM
FEDup

WHAT drivers are you running? the 44.xx drivers have an auuto overclock
feature which will detect safe settings then reset. Also in XP turn OFF all
the background CRAP (twirling,bouncing somersault icons and slidy glidy
bull****)
GET RID of System restore. You will find this makes a HELL of a difference.
XP is extremely resource hungry.

PAUL

Old August 21st 03, 04:35 PM
Derek

It's the card that's the problem. Having tested it on another machine it
still didn't work..

Derek

"FEDup" wrote in message
s.com...
WHAT drivers are you running? the 44.xx drivers have an auuto overclock
feature which will detect safe settings then reset. Also in XP turn OFF

all
the background CRAP (twirling,bouncing somersault icons and slidy glidy
bull****)
GET RID of System restore. You will find this makes a HELL of a

difference.
XP is extremely resource hungry.

PAUL

dual CPU, different clock speed Matt Graham Overclocking AMD Processors 1 April 7th 04 05:54 AM
Clock Speed Joline Overclocking 6 March 8th 04 12:08 AM
Geforce FX5700 ultra Core Clock Speed Aw Overclocking 5 February 28th 04 10:26 AM
P4C800-E Deluxe - CPU speed vs Timming vs Memory speed? Paul Asus Motherboards 0 February 7th 04 04:59 PM
Clock speed issue w A7N8X BigFNDeal Overclocking 2 October 25th 03 05:21 AM