Problems with GeForceFX 5900 Ultra 256MB

Old July 14th 03, 08:20 AM
Ron Merts

Default Problems with GeForceFX 5900 Ultra 256MB

Since everything works after the graphical interface is initialized your
monitor may not be adjusted properly for whatever mode the card is in, thus
your text is badly misplaced around the screen (mostly Right/Left).

Ron

"Vincent Poy" wrote in message
.154...
Greetings:

On my system on a ABIT BE6IIv2.0 Pentium III 1Ghz 133FSB Motherboard using
the Intel 440BX chipset and my display being a SGI (Silicon Graphics Inc)
17.3" 1600x1024 16:10 60hz LCD display via DVI. I had no issues with a

PNY
Verto GeForce3 Ti500 64MB. However, with the BFG Technologies Asylum
GeForceFX 5900 Ultra 256MB, what appears to happens is that everything

from
the BIOS Power on self testing, bios setup, and DOS would have the text
flickering and blury with streaks between the characters as well as on the
Award BIOS main screen where the Energy Star logo is, part of the yellow

on
the right side is on the left side of the screen. The screen is running

at
1600x1024 at 63.36Hz. The problem seems to occur with everything before
the Windows XP logo since everything after that is fine. I'm not sure

what
the AGP version on the Intel 440BX chipset is but the GeForce3 Ti500
requires a AGP 2.0 port and I did have some issues initially which was
fixed with a newer version of Nvidia firmware for the video card. Any

help
would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Vince

Old July 15th 03, 01:48 PM
Vincent Poy

I doubt that's the reason. The BIOS could be the issue too. It's a LCD
display so it has to run at native resolution unless the card is sending
out the wrong frequency...

Cheers,
Vince

"Ron Merts" wrote in