X800 Pro problems with missing textures in FarCry and artifacts on desktop after long periods of Jedi Academy - is my X800 faulty?

Old August 26th 04, 10:07 AM
Glzmo

Default X800 Pro problems with missing textures in FarCry and artifacts on desktop after long periods of Jedi Academy - is my X800 faulty?

Greetings!

I have had my X800 Pro for a few days and it has been running fine, but I
noticed some anomalies.
Yesterday I installed the FarCry single player demo and it ran fine, with
all details maxed at 1280x1024, but when I entered a patrol boat, the
textures of the boat where gone and it was all yellow instead. They came
back after a few seconds, however. It only happened once, but it still want
to know if this is a known problem with this demo/game, or if my new X800
faulty in some way?
The other thing I noticed is that my desktop wallpaper sometimes shows green
lines after a few hours (4-10) of playing Jedi Academy 32-payer multiplayer
with full details (including cg_shadows 2), and the pop-up menu when
clicking right on the desktop shows line-like artifacts as well, but they
disappear when I re-apply the graphics in the direct3d tab of the drivers.
ATi Tool doesn't see any artifacts when running it for a while, though. I
haven't noticed any other anomalies either, there are no visible artefacts
or anything while playing either (except for the missing textures that one
time on the FarCry boat).
Could it be that my X800 is faulty? May it be overheating? Or could it be a
software issue?

My System:
Pentium 4 3.0GHz (HT enabled, no overclocking)
2GB DDR400 RAM
Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro 256MB (Omega Catalyst 4.8, stock speeds, 42-48°C
idle, 64°C under load)
Windows XP SP1 (DirectX 9.0b)

Thanks in advance,

Glzmo

Old August 26th 04, 01:03 PM
nospam

"Glzmo" wrote:

Yesterday I installed the FarCry single player demo and it ran fine, with
all details maxed at 1280x1024, but when I entered a patrol boat, the
textures of the boat where gone and it was all yellow instead.

The yellow thing is a game 'feature'. There is some video option for
shadows, setting it less than high avoids the 'feature'.

Old August 26th 04, 01:27 PM
Glzmo

"nospam" wrote in message
"Glzmo" wrote:

Yesterday I installed the FarCry single player demo and it ran fine, with
all details maxed at 1280x1024, but when I entered a patrol boat, the
textures of the boat where gone and it was all yellow instead.

The yellow thing is a game 'feature'. There is some video option for
shadows, setting it less than high avoids the 'feature'.

I see. Thanks for the answer

ATI Radeon X800 Pro - Benchmark problems Todd K General 4 August 22nd 04 03:40 AM
Problems with Sapphire Radeon X800 overburner Ati Videocards 0 July 17th 04 12:30 PM
Omega Drivers Striker Ati Videocards 14 June 10th 04 02:40 PM
Weird Problems at Boot Up - ATA Controller? Anthony PDC Asus Motherboards 2 May 27th 04 12:15 PM
DirectX Problems! Faustus Homebuilt PC's 4 December 24th 03 10:42 PM