** WHAT fast graphis cards support `DUEL HEAD` so i can use 2 monitors for music production and video editing, etc ? [see inside]...TIA

Old August 8th 03, 05:24 PM
PBS

Default ** WHAT fast graphis cards support `DUEL HEAD` so i can use 2 monitors for music production and video editing, etc ? [see inside]...TIA

WHAT fast graphis cards support `DUEL HEAD` so i can use 2 monitors
for music production and video editing ?

I currently have a G-force 2, by ELSA with a NVIDIA chipset.

Must be fast for games too!.... equivelent to a G force 4 Ti, etc./...
Im a comlpete novie with graphics cards, im a mmusicain, but would
like the card to have:

- Digital video in so i can input my digital camcorder into my PC.

-DUEL MONITOR suppotr [i need more desktop space for my music
sequencing--ESSENTIAL]

--Fast for the ltest games [don`t need the very latest, but good &
fasy enough to last for quite a while

ALSO not too expensive...

===Would i be better off gettnig a second PCI graphics card? i
would`nt think so by then again i don`t know much about the subject,
just what i need out of it.

Any help would be very welcome.

-=GaZ=-

Old August 10th 03, 06:12 PM
Andrew P

If you're doing DV editing, you don't need an analog all-in-wonder solution.
The All-inWonder cards are a bit old fashioned now, serious DV editing
requires CPU power, memory, and hard drive space more than a flashy video
card. For Digital Video, you'd buy a seperate firewire card anyways, which
can also also hook up to a professional 600line production monitor (daisy
chained through your video camera). The RCA inputs on the All In wonder
yield much lower quality, besides FireWire will also allow real-time
capturing to disk if you want to use you camera as a webcam for example.

Good cards for games include the 9700 and 9800 Pro, tho I think the 9700
Pro is a better deal given it's lower price now... it doesnt sound like
you're into the modding thing, so the extra $ will have to come into play
for these Pro cards.

Matrox dual head cards suck for gaming, so those are out of the question.