P4P800 SE: XP splash screen is garbled and after that monitor goes intoidle (no video signal)

Old September 19th 04, 02:50 PM
Eric Lancer

John M. Hunt wrote:
"Eric Lancer" wrote in message

Fam. Schuurman wrote:

Eric,

I followed Pete D's suggestion: re-seat the video card.
Basically I removed my video card from the AGP slot and reattached it.
I hope this works for you as well.

Jur

That didn't work...........I have gone back to my old Radeon 7500 which
is working fine in WinXP, but is now corrupting the display in the bios
and startup screens..............all the images are trailing to the
right like they are wind blown.......once XP starts up, it produces a
clear display.

I am running a Radeon 7500 withut trouble on a P4P800SE. However, I am
using DVI digital output to an LCD display.

It's the weirdest thing, when I boot up the computer cold, the boot
screens are garbled and ghosting to the right appears.......once WinXP
starts, the video is fine and works as it should............if I reboot
while the machine is warm, the boot screen is ok and looks as it
should........

ON the HIS Excalibur 9600XT, I believe it's dead.............the company
isn't responding to emails and NewEgg has been no help either.