A7N8X-E Deluxe shows zero RPM on all three fans in the BIOS??

Old September 19th 04, 12:01 AM
G.L. Cross

Default A7N8X-E Deluxe shows zero RPM on all three fans in the BIOS??

Anybody seen this problem with the fan RPM registering zero on all three
monitored fans (CPU, Power Supply, and Chassis) despite the fact that they
are correctly connected to the fan headers and most definitely ARE running?

I am getting the latest BIOS hoping the issue was a problem with the BIOS
and not the board. I really don't want to have to send back the third ASUS
board I've bought (in a row)!! Am I just having a run of bad luck or has ASUS
let their quality control slip????

Thanks,

- Gordon

Old September 19th 04, 12:25 AM
DDStech

Yes, I have a similar problem. Although I have no cpu or chassis fan, my ps
fan connected "used" to show rpm's. All of a sudden, it just decided that
the rpm's are 0. I had to disable monitoring of this fan to quiet the alarm.

Old September 19th 04, 01:42 AM
Paul

In article , "G.L. Cross"
wrote:

Anybody seen this problem with the fan RPM registering zero on all three
monitored fans (CPU, Power Supply, and Chassis) despite the fact that they
are correctly connected to the fan headers and most definitely ARE running?

I am getting the latest BIOS hoping the issue was a problem with the BIOS
and not the board. I really don't want to have to send back the third ASUS
board I've bought (in a row)!! Am I just having a run of bad luck or has ASUS
let their quality control slip????

Thanks,

- Gordon

If the RPMs are below some magic number, like 1800 on one of my
motherboards, the readout shows zero. I guess that is a feature.
When my P4B starts up, the BIOS claims there is a problem with
my PSU fan. But, by the time I get into the BIOS, the PSU fan
is above 1800 RPM and then there is no error condition showing.
It is a nuisance. (As the PSU warms up, the fan RPMs increase
just enough to pass 1800 RPM.)

Paul
Old September 19th 04, 02:55 PM
Tony Marsillo

Do the fans you are using have a three wire connector? And are all three
wires present to the fan? The connector pins a +12 volts, GND and RPM
sense. Some fans use a three pin connector but have only two wires, they are
missing the RPM wire.

--
Tony Marsillo
Nutmeg Repair