Identifying Motherboard, Need Drivers

Old April 3rd 04, 06:44 PM
T Shadow

Default Identifying Motherboard, Need Drivers

I am trying to ressurect a computer that had it's

harddrive go bad. The computer was given to me without

disks or manuals, so I'm trying to identify it by the

numbers on the motherboard and chips.

I have been able to find PDF manuals on pcchips and

Amtron websites for what appears to be the correct

motherboard as far as layout but neither appears to have

the right drivers for the chips on this board. The PDF

,same one on each site, doesn't mention the mfg. either.

The number on the motherboard near the power supply is:
M747V51

It has a 333mhx celeron in a slot 1 connector.

The video chip markings a

SIS
6326AGP
(C)(M)SIS'98
AGP8M

The audio chip markings a

Sound Pro PCI
HT1869V+
HRTF 3D AUDIO
EAT 49
9850

Chipset:
PC100
BXPro

IDE:
SIS 5595
(C)(M)SIS'98
PID6081
9848CF b2

BIOS chip:
686
AMBIOS
1995
american
megatrends
CL48810

When the computer boots the BIOS screens a

6326AGP
BIOS v1.23f
support bios v20

BIOS setup screen:
v1.19
12/10/98
PC100 BXPro

I know this isn't a very good system but the handicapped

person I'm giving this to is using a 286sx system now.

Any help in getting the correct drivers would be greatly

appreciated.

Old April 3rd 04, 07:04 PM
Dave C.

"T Shadow" wrote in message
I am trying to ressurect a computer that had it's

harddrive go bad. The computer was given to me without

disks or manuals, so I'm trying to identify it by the

numbers on the motherboard and chips.

I have been able to find PDF manuals on pcchips and

Amtron websites for what appears to be the correct

motherboard as far as layout but neither appears to have

the right drivers for the chips on this board. The PDF

,same one on each site, doesn't mention the mfg. either.

The number on the motherboard near the power supply is:
M747V51

It has a 333mhx celeron in a slot 1 connector.

The video chip markings a

SIS
6326AGP
(C)(M)SIS'98
AGP8M

OK, that's a PCChips M747, Version 5.0 (5.1) with built-in 8MB video. You
must use windows 98 with it, and the drivers are at the link below. If you
need to, flash the BIOS. If not (or if you're not sure), then skip straight
to the IDE and AGP drivers. -Dave

http://www.pcchipsusa.com/support-di...-bios.asp#M747

Old April 3rd 04, 07:54 PM
JAD

http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/drivers/65/65765.htm

http://www.storagedrivers.com/drivers/0/289.htm

http://www.video-drivers.com/drivers/78/78484.htm

HTH user= drivers password = all

Old April 3rd 04, 08:13 PM
Al Dykes

In article ,
T Shadow wrote:
[...]

d/l a copy of HWINFO (www.hwinfo.com I think) and copy it onto a
floppy. Remove all the non-essential parts, boot the system and run
it.

--
Al Dykes