GeForce 2MX problem

Old August 4th 05, 05:13 PM
No Spam

Default GeForce 2MX problem

Hi

I want to play Railroad tycoon 3 on my Geforce 2MX. All my buildings and
trains are white, no matter what the detail settings in game or drivers.
Minimum requirements are a graphics card with 16 mb of meme, mine has 32mb.
Anyone had this problem an knows how to solve it. It worked fine with the
same drivers, {newest ones} on mine machine upstairs which had a XFX 6600gt
{128mb ram} before a tiny chip on the card fried and killed the card. Card
now sent out under warranty {don't expect to see it fora couple of months}.

---------------
in 6 years a power supply failed {fuse inside blown out}
Duron 600 Mhz
640 Mb ram
VIa KT133 mombo {Gigabyte}
Geforce 2MX (32Mb) Leadtek
Windows XP sp2
Directx 9.0c
Nvidia 7.72 drivers

---------------
6 months and hard drive died, graphics card died {more time waiting for
parts then using}
Athlon64 (3000+)
1GB ram
nForce 4x mombo {Gigabyte}
Geforce 6600GT (128Mb) - chip on
Windows XP sp2
Directx 9.0c
Nvidia 77.72 drivers

Thanks
Martin
Old August 5th 05, 12:16 AM
DaveW

Have you checked, on the game's box, whether it is compatible with that
considerably older underpowered video card?

--
DaveW

Old August 5th 05, 04:54 AM
No Spam

DaveW wrote:

Have you checked, on the game's box, whether it is compatible with that
considerably older underpowered video card?

Oh yeah, according to the box, it should work with all GeForce Series of
cards.
Old August 5th 05, 12:57 PM
Robert Gault

No Spam wrote:

Hi

I want to play Railroad tycoon 3 on my Geforce 2MX. All my buildings and
trains are white, no matter what the detail settings in game or drivers.
snip

Is RT3 the only program that shows graphics anomalies? Do DxDiag or
benchmark programs have any problems with your Geforce 2MX card? Do you
have a new enough VIA 4-in-one package installed?
Old August 5th 05, 04:32 PM
No Spam

Robert Gault wrote:

No Spam wrote:

Hi

I want to play Railroad tycoon 3 on my Geforce 2MX. All my buildings and
trains are white, no matter what the detail settings in game or drivers.
snip

Is RT3 the only program that shows graphics anomalies? Do DxDiag or
benchmark programs have any problems with your Geforce 2MX card? Do you
have a new enough VIA 4-in-one package installed?

Cammandos 3 has the as similar problem. The soldiers are invisible, I only
see their shadows. This however could be a minimum requirement problem,
don't havethe box as it came with mine 6600gt card. I'll try newer version
of via 4 in 1, I'm doubtfull, as the drivers are less then a year old and
the chip has not been produced for many years.
Old August 5th 05, 04:33 PM
No Spam

No Spam wrote:

[...]

Sblive Value

Thanks
Martin

Oh yeah forgot sblive card on the athlon.
Old August 6th 05, 04:31 AM
Rotes Sapiens

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 10:13:16 -0600, No Spam wrote:

[...]

Make sure that the motherboard onboard graphics adapter is disabled in
the BIOS if it has a motherboard graphics chip.
Start by reducing the hardware acceleration in the graphics driver
setup. If that doesn't fix it, try uninstalling the graphics card
drivers and installing the ones that came with the card. If that
doesn't help, try installing nvidia drivers with a version number of
57 or less.
Old drivers are available from:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html

If that doesn't help, try version 43 or less. If that doesn't help,
you might have to buy a version 6000 series or better card.

Sig:
I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them.
-- Isaac Asimov