Insprion 5755 Bricked BIOS

Old June 4th 19, 09:50 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
GTS-NJ

Default Insprion 5755 Bricked BIOS

An Inspiron 5755 crashed while running a BIOS udpate (from A08 to A12).
None of the solutions that work for some Dells work with this one.
I called Dell but they won't tell me the price to reflash the BIOS.
There's a base $39.99 to arrange shipping for them to then look at it
and provide a price.

I'm wondering if anyone has an idea how much they tend to charge to
reflash a bad BIOS?
Thank you.
Old March 24th 20, 01:38 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
MummyChunk

GTS-NJ wrote:
An Inspiron 5755 crashed while running a BIOS udpate (from A08 to

A12).
None of the solutions that work for some Dells work with this one.
I called Dell but they won't tell me the price to reflash the BIOS.

There's a base $39.99 to arrange shipping for them to then look at

it
and provide a price.

I'm wondering if anyone has an idea how much they tend to charge to

reflash a bad BIOS?
Thank you.

Here is some info I found on Dell's site

*****
Hopefully this will be some help as I figured this out on a customer's
bricked Dell Inspiron 5755.

Assuming the procedure should be the same for the 5455, 5555 and
5755.

The key I believe was renaming the BIOS files to AAL12

Step by step:

Download A12 Bios (latest) from Dell from this link:
https://www.dell.com/support/home/us...driverId=XGT4J

open a cmd prompt, navigate to your download folder and from an admin
cmd prompt run the following: 5455A125.exe /writehdrfile
5455A125.exe /writeromfile
rename the downloaded .exe and newly created .hdr and .rom files to
AAL12.exe, AAL12.hdr and AAL12.rom
place above three files (including exe) onto a FAT formated (not FAT32
and not bootable) usb drive.
remove battery, unplug ac, insert thumb drive into left USB port (same
side as charger)
hold down 'End' key while inserting AC adapter
make sure to get activity light on USB drive (no power if on right USB
ports)
wait ~5 minutes, it will shutdown automatically
power on and cross your fingers

Good luck!

Chris

This is a response to the post seen at: