Allow taskbar to span Multiple monitors

Old April 2nd 04, 06:40 PM
Jan

Default Allow taskbar to span Multiple monitors

I run Dual Monitors on a Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X.
With the 45.23 driver from Nvidia. In the nView desktop manager
on the Windows tab is a line "Allow taskbar to span Multiple monitors"
When selected the windows taskbar span both monitors which is what I want.
In all the 5x.xx drivers the line is grayed out and the windows taskbar
is showed on only one monitor.
Does anyone know why the 5x.xx driver don't seemed to support the
taskbar spanning monitors.

AMD Duron 1.00 GHz
256mb Ram
Win xp sp1a
Jan

Old April 2nd 04, 07:21 PM
Jan

BBB wrote:
ultramon is great software when using multiple monitors. It allows task bar
spanning

"Jan" wrote in message

I run Dual Monitors on a Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X.
With the 45.23 driver from Nvidia. In the nView desktop manager
on the Windows tab is a line "Allow taskbar to span Multiple monitors"
When selected the windows taskbar span both monitors which is what I want.
In all the 5x.xx drivers the line is grayed out and the windows taskbar
is showed on only one monitor.
Does anyone know why the 5x.xx driver don't seemed to support the
taskbar spanning monitors.

AMD Duron 1.00 GHz
256mb Ram
Win xp sp1a
Jan

I will try Ultramon. I was just wondering why the spanning option worked
in one driver and not in the updated driver
Old April 16th 04, 09:19 PM
Stan Krute

Hi Jan

I was just wondering why the spanning option worked
in one driver and not in the updated driver

Several of us have been asking this question over
the past few months.

nVidia has been totally silent on the matter.

sigh ...

-- Stan
Old April 18th 04, 05:21 PM
tq96

I was just wondering why the spanning option worked
in one driver and not in the updated driver

Several of us have been asking this question over
the past few months.

nVidia has been totally silent on the matter.

I doubt you ever asked NVidia. Probably because they don't give you a way
to do that. (Well, you could try asking your OEM who will most likely blow
you off.) Mentioning it in this group does not count. I doubt that anyone
from NVidia even reads these messages.
Old April 18th 04, 10:47 PM
Stanley Krute

Howdy tq96
I wrote:

nVidia has been totally silent on the matter.

tq96 replied:

I doubt you ever asked NVidia. Probably because they don't give you a way
to do that.

That's correct, on both counts. They refer all questions to OEMs.

However, they do offer release notes with new driver releases.
It is the silence on this change in those notes, and the silence
on this newsgroup about that change, that I was referring to.

I doubt that anyone
from NVidia even reads these messages.

Silly them.

Regards,