Omega drivers for Nvidia are AXED!?!

Old June 29th 03, 03:31 PM
Toby Groves

In article , Blaedmon
writes
could be, could be not. could be that Nvidia is sick of lamers screwing up
things in the drivers and giving them a bad name? could be.

ROFLMAO!!!

Others giving them a bad name!?

Give me a break, they've done themselves more damage than anyone else
ever could have.
--
Toby
Old June 29th 03, 03:41 PM
Toby Groves

In article 6CIKa.26795$Ab2.50846@sccrnsc01, Raptor writes
Sounds like Nvidia is getting a little edgy. Think this "3Dmark" driver
cough enhancing episode had anything to do with it? Ever since I went
over to the dark side last chip cycle (9700pro) I could care less *what*
Nvidia does really.

They're in a complete spin atm. Timeline goes like this:

1. GF4 rules the roost, working on NV30, all is rosy.
2. 9700 appears way earlier than expected, kicks **** out of GF4
3. NV30 majorly delayed due to fabrication problems
4. NV30 final silicon at target speeds found to be slower than 9700
5. Forced to launch "overclocked" version of NV30 as 5800Ultra to beat 9700
6. 5800Ultra met with howls of laughter and derision by press
7. 9800 arrives to rub salt in
8. Resort to using driver cheats to make lacklustre cards look better
9. Driver cheats exposed, vilified by the press and public over debacle
9. NV35 arrives, what NV30 should have been, but way too expensive

Basically they can't do anything right atm. The NV30 was a complete joke. The
NV35 may be a good card, but it's horrendously expensive compared to the
competition, and I imagine has ****ed off a good few 5800 Ultra owners. They've
been caught blatantly cheating with their drivers in a pathetic attempt to make
their kit look better and now they're just panicking.
--
Toby
Old June 29th 03, 03:56 PM
ginfest

"Toby Groves" wrote in message
[...]

FUD snipped
Timeline:
NV outsells and outperforms all others
ATI finally get a good run with the 9700 in spite of the hardware failings
and driver incompatabilities with many games
NV30 announced
ATI fanbois get the shivers and all the old feelings of inadequecy
reappear-decision is made to spread FUD about NV thruout the web, leaders
are paid ATI syncophants
9800 is announced to fix some of the 9700 failings, hardware is more
expensive while basically the same core, drivers still are borked
NV30 fails miserably
NV35 is announced, ATI fanbois really worried, campaign of disinformation
continues, ATI drivers still s**k
From the start of the timeline, thru all the releases and BS, NV still
outsells ATI, NV drivers "just work" while ATI users need to use the Omega
drivers just to get by
Oh and BTW, all Omega does to either driver is change settings that can be s
et with Rivatuner, such as LOD increases, thereby getting better IQ with
less performance-now how is the loss of Omega altered NV drivers going to
hurt?

Old June 29th 03, 04:26 PM
Toby Groves

In article , ginfest
writes

snip FUD and lies

ROFLMAO!
--
Toby
Old June 29th 03, 07:40 PM
@ndrew

[...]

What a load of crud ... simple fact all the companies cheat on drivers.
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTEx

Anyone who believes reviews on graphic cards on sites that use factory
samples is in cloud cuckoo land. That is most reviews btw.

Honestly both are good card manufacturers .. I own a Radeon 9800 Pro and
like it a lot, prioir to that owned Nvidia cards and even a Voodoo in the
old days.

Statements like the above show how immature some people are in their bias
towards one product ... sheesh.

And I will carry on the crosspost even though it is against my grain (sorry
for those who don't like them).

@ndrew

Old June 29th 03, 08:50 PM
neopolaris

"ginfest" wrote in message
et...

[...]

From the start of the timeline, thru all the releases and BS, NV still
outsells ATI, NV drivers "just work" while ATI users need to use the Omega
drivers just to get by
Oh and BTW, all Omega does to either driver is change settings that can be

et with Rivatuner, such as LOD increases, thereby getting better IQ with
less performance-now how is the loss of Omega altered NV drivers going to
hurt?

Well put. I'm surpised the ati newsgroup can keep up with all the posted
problems on their board. What a mess.

Sapphire X800XT-PE: ATI drivers, or Omega? Evert Meulie Ati Videocards 2 November 23rd 04 09:57 AM
Omega Drivers Striker Ati Videocards 14 June 10th 04 02:40 PM
Omega drivers Steve Ati Videocards 4 April 11th 04 11:26 PM
Please Help Mary Ati Videocards 36 February 29th 04 07:28 PM
Omega drivers Richard Rollins Ati Videocards 4 August 25th 03 01:23 AM