Large HD

Old February 11th 10, 06:01 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
mc

Default Large HD

I put a wd 160gig HD in my PB 994cdt but it only sees 8gig. I tried
using the wd ez bios(9.09 from 1997) and ver 11.2 which only saw 137
MB (go figure). I have dual boot with win 95 and win 2000. Is there a
way to get the win 2000 to see more than 8 gig?
mc
Old February 11th 10, 06:30 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Ben Myers[_2_]

On 2/11/2010 1:01 PM, mc wrote:
I put a wd 160gig HD in my PB 994cdt but it only sees 8gig. I tried
using the wd ez bios(9.09 from 1997) and ver 11.2 which only saw 137
MB (go figure). I have dual boot with win 95 and win 2000. Is there a
way to get the win 2000 to see more than 8 gig?
mc

Best way I know is to install a newer ATA/IDE controller card and to
plug the drive into it. But that may cause problems with the software
currently in the system. Windows 2000 should natively see a 160GB
drive, but only if the disk controller BIOS allows. I had mixed success
with the WD EZ-BIOS and similar software solutions a few years ago.

I have a couple of Promise IDE controller cards here... Ben Myers
Old February 11th 10, 09:25 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
mc

On Feb 11, 1:30*pm, Ben Myers wrote:
On 2/11/2010 1:01 PM, mc wrote:

I put a wd 160gig HD in my PB 994cdt but it only sees 8gig. I tried
using the wd ez bios(9.09 from 1997) and ver 11.2 which only saw 137
MB (go figure). I have dual boot with win 95 and win 2000. Is there a
way to get the win 2000 to see more than 8 gig?
mc

Best way I know is to install a newer ATA/IDE controller card and to
plug the drive into it. *But that may cause problems with the software
currently in the system. *Windows 2000 should natively see a 160GB
drive, but only if the disk controller BIOS allows. *I had mixed success
with the WD EZ-BIOS and similar software solutions a few years ago.

I have a couple of Promise IDE controller cards here... Ben Myers

Is it just a matter of re-loading the software? If so I'd like try
those cards. BTW $ is in todays mail.
mc
Old February 12th 10, 02:20 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Ben Myers[_2_]

On 2/11/2010 4:25 PM, mc wrote:
On Feb 11, 1:30 pm, Ben wrote:
On 2/11/2010 1:01 PM, mc wrote:

I put a wd 160gig HD in my PB 994cdt but it only sees 8gig. I tried
using the wd ez bios(9.09 from 1997) and ver 11.2 which only saw 137
MB (go figure). I have dual boot with win 95 and win 2000. Is there a
way to get the win 2000 to see more than 8 gig?
mc

Best way I know is to install a newer ATA/IDE controller card and to
plug the drive into it. But that may cause problems with the software
currently in the system. Windows 2000 should natively see a 160GB
drive, but only if the disk controller BIOS allows. I had mixed success
with the WD EZ-BIOS and similar software solutions a few years ago.

I have a couple of Promise IDE controller cards here... Ben Myers

Is it just a matter of re-loading the software? If so I'd like try
those cards. BTW $ is in todays mail.
mc

I'll put one in the carton... Ben

p5a with large HD [email protected] Asus Motherboards 6 March 28th 08 04:47 AM
HD too large to handle spodosaurus Homebuilt PC's 4 November 15th 04 05:16 AM
Large HD Turner Asus Motherboards 5 November 30th 03 07:32 PM
Large HD with old MB Sooky Grumper Homebuilt PC's 3 November 27th 03 01:39 AM