Press F1 woes

Old March 14th 06, 04:41 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

Default Press F1 woes

When I boot, I get a messsage: Press F1 to continue or Escape for Bios
Soft Menu.

I'd like to get rid of the annoying message so my machine can continue
to boot w/ou interruption. Everything in the bios looks OK according the
the manual (Abit IT7).
I have not tried "Optimize Defaults". Is there any danger in launching
that? I'm very gun shy about doing ANYTHING in the Bios or registry.
Old March 14th 06, 06:32 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

The first question for me would be: is the bios remembering the
previous configuration settings. Because it seems to be asking you
for configuration at every boot. If it is not remembering
configuration then I would check the battery. That's the purpose of
the battery. If it is remembering configuration then I would reset
the bios and hope that whatever went astray will not return.

I assume you are selecting fail safe defaults to continue on at boot.
Optimized defaults are just as valid.

If you have never changed any setting in the bios then nothing has
changed and it should continue to be at default values. For any bios
setting just reset the bios, with the jumper, to clear all settings
back to fail safe default values.

Forrest

Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

Old March 14th 06, 09:20 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

Default Thanx Hal Press F1 woes

- HAL9000 wrote:
[...]

Thanx Hal, I already replaced the batter. The old one check out @ 3V on
the meter-but changed it anyway.
Yours is the first comprehensive reply to this question I've had. I go
into Bios again at Ur suggestion and try those prompts, e.g. fail safe
defaults & Optimized defaults . I didn't want to try these until someone
told me they were safe to do.
cheers-Herb.
Old March 19th 06, 10:34 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

herbzee wrote:

- HAL9000 wrote:

[...]

FINALLY found the problem & settled it.
Seems the CPU speed in the bios on my ABIT IT7 m/b was set at 800, I
kicked it up to 1700 (as it said on the boot up screen) and VOILA, no
more F1 message. I was told, when I bought the machine (used) that the
CPU speed was 2.26; when I kicked it up to THAT,I got the F1 message again.

BTW, went to the HAL website; most interesting.
Tho't u'd like to know about the success I finally had and thanx for ur
participation.
cheers-Herb.

Old March 20th 06, 12:14 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

Glad you got it sorted. Its fun playing, LOL. Sometimes during
installation the battery can get shorted on the back side of board and
against the case.

Forrest

Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

snip

Old March 20th 06, 12:55 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

- HAL9000 wrote:
Glad you got it sorted. Its fun playing, LOL. Sometimes during
installation the battery can get shorted on the back side of board and
against the case.

Forrest

Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 22:34:22 GMT, herbzee wrote:

snip

FINALLY found the problem & settled it.

snip

Actually the chap at ABIT gave me the clue when I told him I removed a
Ram strip to check the specs. He said that any hardware change could
cause this problem. Tho't U'd like to know.
cheers-Herb.

Canon iP4000 service manual. ngreplies Printers 7 September 19th 05 02:24 AM
Toshiba Satellite S3000-514 Laptop vipin General Hardware 3 September 13th 04 07:20 PM
do as following u don't get any trouble Santu General Hardware 0 July 20th 04 08:20 PM
deskjet 845 C ink Pascal Printers 2 November 17th 03 09:16 AM
Case Reset Button Woes rcm General 5 July 25th 03 06:02 PM