Internet Activity on the KN8 MB

Old April 12th 06, 06:37 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

Default Internet Activity on the KN8 MB

Recently I built an AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core system with ABit's KN8
motherboard. However, I found the Internet activity is little unusual. On
the Local Area Connection Status window, it shows the Sent Packets are
always more than twice many than the Received Packets. I have only one PC on
my LAN and I believe there are no data exchanges between my PCs on the LAN.
So the packets must be sent to the outside world. Besides, on my other PCs,
the Sent Packets are usually about the same or most the time less than the
Received Packets, which makes sense because I don't upload anything so there
should not be large outgoing traffic.

I've checked the KN8 system with SpyBot and Cox Cable's Internet Security
Suite and have found no spywares or virus. So I'm wondering if any ones out
there who have the KN8 motherboards see the same Internet activity.

Thanks for any info about this issue.

Yakoo

Old April 12th 06, 06:52 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

By the way, I'm using Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 on the KN8 system.

newsSa%f.11175$iU2.9293@fed1read01...