Are all Cpu Fan's RETARDED?

Old January 31st 06, 03:55 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default Are all Cpu Fan's RETARDED?

What is the smartest quitest setup going? My attempts to common sense silent
aren't far off from very good.
I want passive cpu cooling on my pc cpu, what is your favorite?
Can I use a rackmount copper cooler passive in my pc?
socket 478. I am using 80mm system fan now with duct work, but i cant find
an 80mm fan that reports like a cpu fan to throttle it very dynamically .low
and high seems to be as far as i get with 80mm fans and my auto throttle
chip/software.Its annoying as ever or too quiet/slow. (still better than oem
heatsink fan setups)This has been ridiculous to me for years
now.....Someone help me? I cant even think, once my ears catch on to those
rinky dink buzzin throttling retarded fans.

Old January 31st 06, 05:34 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Thanks for reply, interesting idea of heatpipes. The necessity of a fan
still is a shame for the engineering.
.. Looks like path i want to take, I only saw one review where they made it
all passive with a 45 C idle (not impressed)
I am going to stay with duct/reverse cool.
My custom duct needs an 80mm fan with low rpm reporting like a cpu fan. I
dont know where to go. I have copper core oem intel heatsink with duct is
very nice function.I have a .17 system fan and a zalman .25 both dont report
slow enough to calm down. My idle is 33 C, full load is 120 F. I dont need
screamin fan! 80mm top speed of 1900? anybody? and capable of even slower? A
zalman .25 on its resistor worked well, except, it doesnt calm down for cpu
idle bringing it into the 80's F.
I want a 100 F idle +/- 5 F. If I find this 80mm fan, im gonna get a dozen
of them! (I've searched previous to this request, to no avail)

"Sean Cousins" wrote in message
On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 03:55:37 GMT, "bgd" wrote:

What is the smartest quitest setup going? My attempts to common sense
silent
aren't far off from very good.
I want passive cpu cooling on my pc cpu, what is your favorite?

I would get this
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...e=THERMALRIGHT
and then put a very low rpm 120mm fan on it, you won't hear it.

Old January 31st 06, 05:43 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"bgd" wrote in message
[...]

These are all I buy now. Dead silent.

http://www.endpcnoise.com/cgi-bin/e/nexus80mm.html

http://www.endpcnoise.com/cgi-bin/e/nexus120mm.html

Old January 31st 06, 11:00 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

45C is perfectly adequate. Here is a quote from a power supply design
book:

"...a fairly common practice is to limit the worst-case silicone device
junction temperatures to 135-150C for "high-reliability" commercial
equipment, 125-135C for convetnional military equipment, and 105C for
ultrareliable military or space equipment."

Badly shaped ducts can greatly impede air flow. Walls should be
smooth, not corrugated

I dont need screamin fan! 80mm top speed of 1900? anybody? and capable
of even slower? A zalman .25 on its resistor worked well, except, it doesnt
calm down for cpu idle bringing it into the 80's F.
I want a 100 F idle +/- 5 F. If I find this 80mm fan, im gonna get a dozen
of them! (I've searched previous to this request, to no avail)

Heat pipes can be very effective and should allow even the fastest
processor to be cooled without fans. However the pipe's radiator may
have to cover 1-2 square feet to do this, but this is still smaller
than a water cooled system.

Fan speed regulation by temperature is simple and can be achieved with
ready-made fan controllers (overpriced, often badly designed), a
low-value thermistor in series with one of the fan wires (value in ohms
approximately fan voltage/amp draw), a controller (many designs at
www.cpemma.co.uk), or software (Speedfan).

Old January 31st 06, 03:19 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I am software route for fan control, its been on mobo's for sometime to
control automatically, proprietary big name brands and my home-built. The
closest I got to what I want is speed fan, yet it is doing something
improper with all factors my mobo takes into account (my 3.3 went to 3.04v
and mouse started losing function) I have MSI board with core cell, I need
to run core cell, same fan same rpm gave much cooler readings. Both
softwares fail to get my fans rpm below 2000.
Hackworth: Does that fan report at all rpms? compatible with cpu fan plugin
and mobo's throttle control? I have several very quiet fans, they just dont
report properly to the throttle software at slow speeds.The cpu fan did, and
it calmed down to a crawl sometimes. the system fans do even better, if it
would report at slow speed.
I laughed out loud at the absurd flamboyancy to what could be such a simple
task quietly, for years now........I simply cant find what I'm lookin for.
Is the average age for home pc builders so very youthful or is it just me?
I'm getting too old for this!~
Thanks for suggestions, they have been helpful.

Old January 31st 06, 05:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

How about an 80mm cpu fan? try lookin that up in your favorite search
engine....
the case fans DO in fact report rpm differently in cpu fan plugin. Same old
crap different millenium.... Evolution??? PFFFT.
I'll manually set my hack job I guess...Faster for gaming, slower for
idle...very difficult and confusing task throughout the entire PLANET to
have a common sense quiet pc full speed ahead, and not.Go Figure.