BH6 - Can't go 133 FSB after bios update - help!

Old August 31st 05, 06:33 PM
Joseph J.

Default BH6 - Can't go 133 FSB after bios update - help!

Hi all,

I have an ABIT BH6 that had bios rev. KK. I have to update the bios to
get it to work with my new large harddrive.

The HD is working fine now. I went into CPU SOFT MENU II and changed
the settings to 133 FSB, but now when it boots up, all I get is 950mhz
(instead of 1066 mhz). CPU ID in windows XP says the FSB is 124.

All of the settings still report right when I go back into bios (133
FSB, 2/3 AGP, etc...)

Any ideas? (short of flashing back to rev. KK and getting a Promise
ATA66 controller?)

Oh yeah, CPU is a Celeron 800 on a slotket...

Thanks.

Old September 1st 05, 04:46 AM
Joseph J.

Duh. I'm a retread. It seems I flashed my 1.1 BH6 with the latest
1.0x Bios

So I reflashed my board with the latest BH6 1.1 bios (sp) from he
ftp://ftp.abit.com.tw/pub/download/bios/bh6-1.1/

file:
File: bh632sp.exe

Seems to work much better than SS update!

An interesting note.... your 1.1 board continues to work with 1.0x bios
SS.... Who'da thunk it...

IDE RAID- Major problem need to save my data MC Storage (alternative) 21 December 5th 04 05:38 AM
Alert at bootup Katy Asus Motherboards 3 September 24th 04 01:43 PM
Bios update: which file? Katy Asus Motherboards 2 September 23rd 04 04:54 AM
SP2 - need to update BIOS? Steve Dell Computers 25 September 5th 04 09:40 AM
Award Bios Update Jan Steunebrink Storage (alternative) 0 July 2nd 03 04:33 PM