SDRAM question for a BX6

Old September 10th 05, 05:31 PM

Default SDRAM question for a BX6

I put a 256 meg stick in my BX6 and it only recognized it as 64 meg.
Is it possible to use sticks larger than 64 meg in this motherboard?

Old September 15th 05, 05:40 PM
- HAL9000

I can't answer your question but my experience is that some older
mother boards could only read low(er) density memory sticks. Plugging
in high(er) density sticks would only show up 1/4 the actual size. My
guess is that the two highest order bits of the high density sticks
are being ignored by the motherboard.

You might try google groups for past info on the subject. Enter the
search criteria in the "search this group" area.
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.c...n&lr=&ie=UTF-8

BTW, alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit is a more popular abit newsgroup.

Forrest

Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

On 15 Sep 2005 06:45:02 -0700, wrote: