Canon Users - Do You Believe????

Old November 20th 05, 09:58 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default Canon Users - Do You Believe????

digisol wrote:

Read it and weep, In plain English.

http://www.epson.com.au/warranty/bac....asp?fromnav=3

I know from personal experience that if you take your printer to a
service centre for repair "usually a blocked print head" once they
test the ink and find it is non genuine ink "your stuffed sunshine"

I BELIEVE YOU. THAT IS THE WAY IS SHOULD BE. WHY SHOULD THEY PAY FOR
IDIOTS WHO KNOWINGLY RUIN THEIR PRINTERS. THEY HAVE BEEN TOLD BY PEOPLE
LIKE US THAT IT IS BEST TO USE OEM INK REGARDLESS THE PRINTER.

Warranties for other brands are worded the same or very similar, and
like I said some will accept the cheap ink and work fine, others will
not take it and will die very quickly.

You will notice the sections Warranty Exclusions "d" modifications,
where the use of a non genuine ink voids the warranty.

In particular to Epson, the use of a non genuine ink is classed as a
modification of the printer and voids the warranty instantly.

And the last section of -non genuine items- contains "non genuine ink"
as something that voids your warranty.

PEOPLE WHO USE THE AFTERMARKET INKS BUY FROM VENDORS WHO REFUSE TO LET
THEM KNOW WHAT THEY ARE BUYING. HOW ASTUTE DOES ONE HAVE TO BE TO STAY
AWAY FROM RESELLERS LIKE THAT.

Sure the cheap stuff may work, but don't expect the company to fix it
because you used cheap ink and blocked the print head, I know from
personal experience with Epson, as I have done it.

YEAH AND I BET THE CHEAP INK DID NOT PRODUCE AS GOOD A RESULTS AND THE
OEM STUFF.

BTW the canon Extended warranty is the same thing, do you think they
will put a $200 print head in your broken printer because you are as
tight as a nun's #### ? NO they won't.

I DO NOT BLAME THEM

My apologies to the management, the warranty is there to be read for
all.

READ IT if ya can ! Derrr

AMEN

BOY THEY ARE GOING TO HOLD AN INQUISITION ON YOU AND HANG YOU FOR BLASPHAMY.
Old November 20th 05, 10:12 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"digisol" wrote in message
m...
Read it and weep, In plain English.

http://www.epson.com.au/warranty/bac....asp?fromnav=3

I know from personal experience that if you take your printer to a
service centre for repair "usually a blocked print head" once they
test the ink and find it is non genuine ink "your stuffed sunshine"

Warranties for other brands are worded the same or very similar, and
like I said some will accept the cheap ink and work fine, others will
not take it and will die very quickly.

You will notice the sections Warranty Exclusions "d" modifications,
where the use of a non genuine ink voids the warranty.

In particular to Epson, the use of a non genuine ink is classed as a
modification of the printer and voids the warranty instantly.

And the last section of -non genuine items- contains "non genuine ink"
as something that voids your warranty.

Read the wording carefully:

"This Warranty will not apply if:
A Product's malfunction or failure results from deliberate or accidental
damage, neglect, modification, incorrect voltage, power surges or your use
of non-Genuine software, replacement parts, Consumables, accessories and/or
interfacing. "

Only if it can be proven that use of 3rd party consumables caused the
malfunction, and as we all know Epson print heads block even when using
Epson inks.

Sure the cheap stuff may work, but don't expect the company to fix it
because you used cheap ink and blocked the print head, I know from
personal experience with Epson, as I have done it.

You should learn to stand up for your rights and not let Epson fob you off
with excuses.

Old November 20th 05, 10:32 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

And for the Canon users don't feel left out, "read it"

Canon U.S A Inc ("Canon USA") warrants its Visualizers to be free from
defects in workmanship and materials under normal use and maintenance
conditions for a Period of one (1) year from delivery to the original
purchaser by Canon USA or its authorized dealer. During such warranty
period, defective Equipment which is returned to Canon USA's Factory
Service Center and proven to be defective upon inspection will be
repaired or exchanged for new or comparable rebuilt Equipment.
Warranty replacement shall not extend the warranty period of the
defective Equipment.

When returning Equipment to Canon USA's Factory Service Center
indicated on the limited warranty card, the purchaser must pre-pay
the shipping charges, if any and enclose a bill of sale, copy of
warranty card, or other proof of purchase together with a complete
explanation of the problem. Equipment covered by this limited
warranty will be repaired and returned to the purchaser without
charge. Repairs not under warranty will beat such cost as Canon USA
may from time to time generally establish.

This warranty does not extend to used Equipment or to software. The
purchaser will be solely responsible for obtaining and installing all
required software, programming design or coding, as to all of which
Canon USA shall have no responsibility.

This warranty shall only apply if the Equipment is used in conjunction
with compatible computers, peripheral equipment and software, as to
which items Canon USA shall have no responsibility.

NON-CANON BRAND COMPUTERS, PERIPHERAL EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE WHICH MAY
BE DISTRIBUTED WITH THE EQUIPMENT ARE SOLD "AS IS', WITHOUT WARRANTY
OF ANY KIND BY CANON USA, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF
MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. The sole
warranty, if any, with respect to any such non-Canon brand item is
given by the manufacturer or producer thereof. Separate warranties
are given for other Canon brand products, accessories or software
which may be used with the Equipment.

THIS WARRANTY SHALL BE VOID AND OF NO FORCE AND EFFECT WITH RESPECT TO
ANY EQUIPMENT WHICH IS DAMAGED AS A RESULT OF; (A) NEGLECT,
ALTERATION. ELECTRIC CURRENT FLUCTUATION OR ACCIDENT; (B) IMPROPER
USE, INCLUDING FAILURE TO FOLLOW OPERATING, MAINTENANCE AND
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS PRESCRIBED IN CANON USA'S INSTRUCTION
MANUAL; (C) REPAIR BY OTHER THAN SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES QUALIFIED BY
CANON USA AND ACTING IN ACCORDANCE WITH CANON USA'S SERVICE BULLETINS;
(D) USE OF SUPPLIES OR PARTS (OTHER THAN THOSE DISTRIBUTED BY CANON
USA) WHICH CAUSE ABNORMALLY FREOUENT SERVICE CALLS OR SERVICE
PROBLEMS;OR (E) USE OF THE EQUIPMENT WITH NON-COMPATIBLE COMPUTERS,
DEVICES OR SOFTWARE. NOR DOES THIS WARRANTY EXTEND TO ANY EQUIPMENT
ON WHICH THE ORIGINAL IDENTIFICATION MARKS OR SERIAL NUMBERS HAVE
BEEN DEFACED, REMOVED OR ALTERED.

THE WARRANTY CONTAINED ABOVE IS IN LIEU OP ALL OTHER WARRANTIES,
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY
OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, RELATING TO THE USE OR
PERFORMANCE OF THE EQUIPMENT. NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE
EXCEPT AS MENTIONED ABOVE, GIVEN BY ANY PERSON, FIRM, OR CORPORATION
WITH RESPECT TO THE EQUIPMENT SHALL BIND CANON USA. CANON USA WILL
NOT BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE (UNLESS CAUSED
SOLELY BY CANON USA'S NEGLIGENCE), LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFIT, FAILURE
TO REALIZE SAVINGS OR OTHER BENEFITS, EXPENDITURES FOR SUBSTITUTE
EQUIPMENT OR SERVICES, STORAGE CHARGES, LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF IMAGE
OR DATA, OR OTHER SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THE EQUIPMENT,
REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY ON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED AND EVEN
IF CANON USA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN
NO EVENT SHALL CANON USA'S LIABILITY HEREUNDER EXCEED THE SELLING
PRICE OF THE EQUIPMENT TO THE PURCHASER. WITHOUT LIMITING THE
FOREGOING, THE PURCHASER ASSUMES ALL RISK AND LIABILITY FOR LOSS.
DAMAGE OR INJURY TO PERSONS AND PROPERTY OF THE PURCHASER OR OTHERS
ARISING OUT OF USE OR POSSESSION OF ANY EQUIPMENT SOLD BY CANON USA
NOT CAUSED DIRECTLY BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF CANON USA. THIS LIMITED
WARRANTY SHALL NOT EXTEND TO ANYONE OTHER THAN THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER
OF THE EQUIPMENT AND STATES SUCH PURCHASER'S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY.

I rest my case, use the cheap ink at your own risk, the companies will
NOT fix em due to cheap non genuine ink,

Does no one bother to read the warranties they get ?

Old November 20th 05, 10:53 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"digisol" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Digisol - There are a few of us former colonials who have learned to read in
the US. Those who can't simply buy overpriced OEM inks.

Sorry to see that Epson has attempted to screw the folks in OZ for using
aftermarket "consumables", some of which are every bit as good as OEM. I'd
invite you to re-read the part where it says that the use of non-Epson
consumables MAY void the warranty. They are hedging - probably because they
wouldn't have a leg to stand on legally if your warranty laws in OZ are
worth the paper they are printed on.

I'd echo Arthur Entlich's response regarding aftermarket inks and
printheads. Granted that some of these products are junk to be avoided,
the benefit of participating in this newsgroup and in the Nifty-stuff forum
is that we share information that we have gained from experience (except for
our resident troll who speaks from personal bias and not from experience.)
Several of us have found aftermarket inks that do not harm our printers and
do produce excellent prints. We're only too happy to share the knowledge
we've gained in this area.

I don't have a problem with you and others buying and using OEM inks. I'm
curious to know why you use such pejoritive terms in describing the
aftermarket inks as "cheap", implying poor quality, and those of use who use
them as "tight as a nun's ####." You only need to see the prints I've
produced with MIS bulk ink in my Canon i960 to realize that the ink quality
is quite good. In the year that I've used these inks I've refilled the
equivalent of at least 70 bci-6 cartridges with these bulk inks. At
approximately $10 US per cart that would be a cost of about $700. Including
the ink I still have on hand and the extra carts I've purchased, I've spent
about $135 in aftermarket carts and inks. My savings, so far, amount to
about $565 and I still have enough ink left to fill another 24 carts!
That's an additional savings of about $200 from the materials I've already
purchased. Total savings from ink and carts already used plus material on
hand to be used is about $750. You can call me "tight as a nun's ####" if
you wish, but I prefer to consider myself a prudent consumer.

BTW - How tight IS a nun's ###? Since you used the phrase, I assume that you
have some personal experience in this area (no pun intended) , just as you
must have to make your authoritative comments about aftermarket inks.

Old November 20th 05, 10:53 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

digisol wrote:
[...]

Too bad you Aussie's let Epson screw you like that. I've take three
Epson printers in for under warranty work all with 3rd party ink carts.
NEVER did they question the brand/label of ink I was using.
Of course I live in the US of A!
Frank
Old November 20th 05, 10:58 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

digisol wrote:

[...]

OH YEAR LIKE AFTERMARKET INK THAT CAUSES HEAD CLOGGING. I AGREE WITH THIS.

BUT I DO WISH THERE WOULD BE BRANDED AFTERMARKET INKS THAT WERE OF A 100
EQUAL ALTERNATIVE TO USE AT LESS THAN HALF THE PRICE AND THEY WOULD BE
PROPERLY PACKAGED AND LABELED WITH THE BRAND NAME AND SOLD IN ALL VENUES.

[...]

I AGREE WITH YOU. IT IS NOT BLASPHEMY

Does no one bother to read the warranties they get ?

Old November 20th 05, 11:00 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Anna Daptor wrote:

"digisol" wrote in message
om...

[...]

WHILE SOME OF WHAT YOU SAY IS TRUE RELATIVE TO EPSON THE RISK IS MUCH
HIGHER THAT EPSON HEADS CLOG WITH INK THAT HAVE NO BUSINESS IN THE
PRINTER.

Old November 20th 05, 11:02 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

digisol wrote:

[...]

Bull****! Maybe you need to learn how to read. Show me where the word
"ink" or "cartridge" appears in the above warranty text.
Frank
Old November 20th 05, 11:15 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"digisol" wrote in message
And for the Canon users don't feel left out, "read it"

No, digisol, YOU read it. There were only two areas in the entire post that
MIGHT relate to inks. The first is this one:

This warranty shall only apply if the Equipment is used in conjunction
with compatible computers, peripheral equipment and software, as to
which items Canon USA shall have no responsibility.

no mention of ink or consumables at all.

The second area:

(D) USE OF SUPPLIES OR PARTS (OTHER THAN THOSE DISTRIBUTED BY CANON
USA) WHICH CAUSE ABNORMALLY FREOUENT SERVICE CALLS OR SERVICE
PROBLEMS

After using MIS inks for over a year I can catagorically state that they do
not "cause abnormally frequent service calls or service problems." You will
find similar reports in this NG about Formulabs and Hobbicolor inks.
Furthermore, there have been several articles which indicate that the
printer companies (at least in the US) can not void the warranty based on
use of aftermarket inks.

I rest my case, use the cheap ink at your own risk, the companies will
NOT fix em due to cheap non genuine ink,

Does no one bother to read the warranties they get ?

Do YOU bother to read posts from experienced users of these products?

Are you Measekite's more argumentative, uninformed, biased twin brother?
When it comes to the issue of aftermarket inks, you guys must be from Mars!
How can you spout this crap about "cheap" ink and "risk" when so many people
can attest to successful use of some these products over several years. My
only suggestion to anyone who wants to try these products is only use the
products that others have reported using successfully.

If you are worried about warranty problems, I would suggest that you unpack
your new printer, set aside the OEM carts that came with the printer,
purchase aftermarket products that have been recommended by actual users,
and enjoy printing. If the printer comes up with a problem (paper feed,
electronic failure, etc.) put the OEM carts back into the printer and take
it to the repair facility.

Old November 20th 05, 11:33 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

LOL, BRING IT ON as the facts are in black and white, for the flamers,
your wick just just got wet and went out, bummer deal eh.

The facts are there for all to be read, it's easy to see and is in
English, allbeit some still may have trouble reading it.

With Epson, and I know via personal experience, they WILL NOT replace
your print head if you have used any non genuine inks, to do so comes
back to the warranty and what it means, it is meant to say that if you
do use non genuine inks you are in fact modifying their printer and by
doing so you VOID your warranty instantly, tough titties there.

Inks are not all the same, and while not an ink expert, some are oil
based some are water based and others may be all sorts of chemical
compounds, thus why Epson can know if your lying about having not
used generic ink, thay are MUCH SMARTER than some of you, inks are
not just inks, try it on and see.

But it's not like you were not told now were you ? you just simply
never bothered to read the fine print, usually in size 5-6 font
making it usually not read by most people, or did ya toss the
warranty as there were too many big words ?

As for Canon I had the same problem by using Calidad ink refills in a
Canon S-600, they worked for a few tanks then the head started to
block up and it was cheaper to but a brand new Pixma 4000 by over $50
AUD "which I did" of course it uses only genuine ink no matter the
price in all tanks being one of the converted.

So flame away if you are really dum enough to ignore the written
warranty, perhaps English is a second language with some ? who cares
? not me as my printer works fine.

CYA and don't go away mad, just go away.