Canon Users - Do You Believe????

Old November 20th 05, 08:56 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default Canon Users - Do You Believe????

Wow, I think this posting has to top the "ill-informed" "misinformed"
and "downright wrong" prize!!!

1) I have no idea where lid lives, (and I'm not surprised
he/she would hide behind a fake account, since the information he/she is
providing is so bogus) but in Canada and the US, at least, and likely
the UK and Australia, and maybe most of Europe also, the warranty cannot
be voided by using 3rd party inks, unless the company can prove that

1) Their product won't cause the same problem
2) the product you are/did use did cause the problem

Since that's nearly impossible to prove, although the companies may
"try" to hold off on your warranty (and most won't even bother, because
they know better than to try) they have no legal right to, and if you
push they will honor your warranty.

Yeah, read the fine print, like "digisol" states... see if you see any
direct statement that says using third party inks voids your warranty.
They may strongly suggest you not use 3rd party inks, they may even try
to imply it "might" void your warranty (although I think they stopped
using that wording), but if you find a definitive statement that is will
void your warranty, check with your consumer protection branch in your
country, because most advanced civilizations have laws regarding the
requirements of using a consumables from the company that manufactures a
device.

Next: I have yet to see an Epson print head ruined by cheap ink. They
may clog, but that is almost always resolvable. To ruin the head, you
probably didn't buy cheap inkjet ink. Maybe you got strained prune
juice. ;-)

Next: With Epson printers, which have a permanent head, if you really do
want to void your warranty, then remove the head and soak it! You might
also ruin the head while you are at it. There are safer and better
methods to clear clogs than that. Canon printer heads may benefit from
soaking outside the printer.

I have no idea what "the same stuff you clean CD's with" is. Is there
actually something called "CD cleaner"? I clean mine with dish soap and
warm water, which I would not suggest soaking a print head in, necessarily.

Anyway, nice try "digisol". You win my award for pooling more bad
advice into one small posting than anyone else who I don't already have
on my killfile list. ;-)

Art

digisol wrote:

Nope, never, it's not worth a print head to use cheap ink, especially
with Epson printers, Canon seen to be able to take the cheap ink
better but for a few lousy dollars, buy the genuine stuff.

Most printer warranties are voided with the use of any non genuine
ink, some is better than others, plus it's classed as a modification
to the printer and voids the warranty immediately, if
ya don't beleive it, read the fine print !
Canon print heads are worth more than a new later model printer, so
when they don't work just buy another.

Soaking the print head "out of the printer" sometimes works with a
blocked head, but not always, use the same stuff you clean CD's with,
leave overnight, dry and try again.

Old November 20th 05, 10:32 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

[[quote:12c93dd702]quote="Arthur Entlich

I clean mine with dish soap and warm water[/quote:12c93dd702]

Just a tip.
In my job I come across many CDs & DVDs that are severly marked
that they will not play....in this case get either 'Brasso',
'Silvo', these are or liquified metal polish or Duraglit',
'Silverglit' which are a wadding, I find the liquid form of Silvo or
Brasso is better.

Simply polish, polish and polish using bags of elbow grease the CD in
a circular motion until the plastic coating is scratch free. The
actual data is usually on the underside of the top label, some types
the data is in the middle of the coating.... ever tried snapping
one..!

Fine grinding paste you use on car pistons can be used on 'GLASS'
Monitor and TV screens, but takes planty of doing..!

Davy

Old November 20th 05, 10:32 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Ron Shawwrote:
quote="Ron Shaw"
BIG FUSS BIG MESS AND MOMMY SPANKS HIM FOR GETTING INK ON THE

CARPETS

Ron, are you sure it was ink..?

Davy

Old November 20th 05, 07:52 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Arthur Entlich wrote:

Wow, I think this posting has to top the "ill-informed" "misinformed"
and "downright wrong" prize!!!

IT SEEMS THE GUY MAKES A LOT OF SENSE.

1) I have no idea where lid lives, (and I'm not surprised
he/she would hide behind a fake account, since the information he/she
is providing is so bogus)

I BELIEVE WHAT THE POSTER IS SAYING

but in Canada and the US, at least, and likely the UK and Australia,
and maybe most of Europe also, the warranty cannot be voided by using
3rd party inks, unless the company can prove that

1) Their product won't cause the same problem
2) the product you are/did use did cause the problem

Since that's nearly impossible to prove, although the companies may
"try" to hold off on your warranty (and most won't even bother,
because they know better than to try) they have no legal right to, and
if you push they will honor your warranty.

Yeah, read the fine print, like "digisol" states... see if you see any
direct statement that says using third party inks voids your warranty.
They may strongly suggest you not use 3rd party inks,

GOOD ADVICE

they may even try to imply it "might" void your warranty (although I
think they stopped using that wording), but if you find a definitive
statement that is will void your warranty, check with your consumer
protection branch in your country, because most advanced civilizations
have laws regarding the requirements of using a consumables from the
company that manufactures a device.

Next: I have yet to see an Epson print head ruined by cheap ink.

I READ ABOUT IT ALL OF THE TIME

They may clog, but that is almost always resolvable. To ruin the
head, you probably didn't buy cheap inkjet ink. Maybe you got
strained prune juice. ;-)

Next: With Epson printers, which have a permanent head, if you really
do want to void your warranty, then remove the head and soak it!

TAKE A BATH WITH THE PRINTHEAD

You might also ruin the head while you are at it. There are safer and
better methods to clear clogs than that. Canon printer heads may
benefit from soaking outside the printer.

I have no idea what "the same stuff you clean CD's with" is. Is there
actually something called "CD cleaner"? I clean mine with dish soap
and warm water, which I would not suggest soaking a print head in,
necessarily.

Anyway, nice try "digisol". You win my award for pooling more bad
advice into one small posting than anyone else who I don't already
have on my killfile list. ;-)

I THINK DIGISOL SHOULD POST A LOT MORE. I LIKE READING HIS STUFF.

Art

Old November 20th 05, 07:52 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Taliesyn wrote:

Burt wrote:

"FB" wrote in message

digisol wrote:

Nope, never, it's not worth a print head to use cheap ink, especially
with Epson printers, Canon seen to be able to take the cheap ink
better but for a few lousy dollars, buy the genuine stuff.

Most printer warranties are voided with the use of any non genuine
ink, some is better than others, plus it's classed as a modification
to the printer and voids the warranty immediately, if
ya don't beleive it, read the fine print !
Canon print heads are worth more than a new later model printer, so
when they don't work just buy another.

None of the above is true.
Frank

Frank - Could this be another Mousetripe alias?

Several people in this newsgroup came to this conclusion long ago.

-Taliesyn

NOPEE GADOPEE
Old November 20th 05, 07:59 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Burt wrote:

"digisol" wrote in message
om...

Nope, never, it's not worth a print head to use cheap ink, especially
with Epson printers, Canon seen to be able to take the cheap ink
better but for a few lousy dollars, buy the genuine stuff.

(snip)

Digisol - I've been using MIS bulk inks in my Canon i960 printers for more
than a year. Excellent color balance, prints comparable (side-by-side same
file print comparison), no clogs or malfunctions, and about one dollar per
cart refill as compared to OEM prices of about $12 per cart.

DIGISOL I BELIEVE WHAT YOU ARE POSTING

Even at Costco
prices of about $9 per cart that's a real difference in cost.

THAT IS A GOOD PRICE

AND costco
doesn't have all the ink colors for my printer on the store shelf.

THEY HAVE ALL OF THE INK COLORS INCLUDING THE ONES FOR THE I960 AND IP6600

YOU CAN EVEN SEE MANY OF THEM AT WWW.COSTCO.COM

The "few
lousy dollars" I've saved would buy me at least two more new printers of the
same quality as the i960 when mine self destruct. It's a no-brainer as far
as I'm concerned.

Old November 20th 05, 08:00 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

FB wrote:

digisol wrote:

Nope, never, it's not worth a print head to use cheap ink, especially
with Epson printers, Canon seen to be able to take the cheap ink
better but for a few lousy dollars, buy the genuine stuff.

Most printer warranties are voided with the use of any non genuine
ink, some is better than others, plus it's classed as a modification
to the printer and voids the warranty immediately, if
ya don't beleive it, read the fine print !
Canon print heads are worth more than a new later model printer, so
when they don't work just buy another.

None of the above is true.
Frank

I BELIEVE ALL OF WHAT DIGISOL IS SAYING. SEEING HOW HE HIS A HOTSPOT
WITH THE CHURCH. THEY ARE GETTING UNGLUED. IT SEEMS LIKE THERE ARE
MANY IN THIS NG WHO ARE EITHER OR ARE ASSOCIATED WITH OR HAVE SOME
INTEREST IN THE PROMOTION OF AFTERMARKET INK.
Old November 20th 05, 08:03 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

zakezuke wrote:

Nope, never, it's not worth a print head to use cheap ink, especially
with Epson printers, Canon seen to be able to take the cheap ink
better but for a few lousy dollars, buy the genuine stuff.

Actually micropiezos are more tollerant to different media... it's
those pesky thermal technologies that depend on chemistry... or rather
the rate that a liquid turns into a gas... that are more fickle. But
all of this is accidemic as most if not all consumer based inkjets are
primarly water based.

THAT IS WHY THEY HAVE A HIGHER CLOG RATE AND USE MORE INK AND REQURE
MORE CLEANING CYCLES.

Most printer warranties are voided with the use of any non genuine
ink, some is better than others, plus it's classed as a modification
to the printer and voids the warranty immediately, if
ya don't beleive it, read the fine print !

Show me where *anyone* expressly says this in the fine print.
Seriously... under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act if use of consumables
is a prerequisite for warranty coverage then they must provide these
consumables *for free* during the warranty period. Seriously if you
can actually quote anyone who officaly says third-party ink voids the
warranty I'm buying that printer... and i'll make damn sure I get my
year of free ink.

I have seen the following

"Canon has more engineers dedicated to creating quality ink for
providing the best results for output on Bubble Jet printers than any
other organization.

TRUE

Canon does not prohibit the use of third-party inks
and the use of third-party inks does not invalidate the product's
limited warranty.

However, Canon cannot guarantee the quality or
performance of your printer when you are using inks from other
suppliers."

I WONDER WHY

Source: "Canon BJC-6000 Series Users Manual"

It's no more a modification than putting Pennzoil in your car when it
shipped from the factory with Quakerstate or Castrol. This saw was put
into place so the manufacturer couldn't put their label on someone
else's oil and sell it more more and threaten to void the warranty if
you use someone else's oil. It's a good law. Now if for example that
can say for certain the damage was caused by the 3rd party ink... they
could deny warranty coverage... but this is very very very tough to
prove.

Now you can say buying into a printer is buying into a system of inks
and paper that are designed to work well together. This is true. You
can also say that ink that runs $23 to $50/oz might be better than ink
that runs at $2.50 to $5.00/oz. But whether it's worth it or not is up
to the user... given you save 90% and it doesn't automaticly void the
warranty and you had to shell out for another printer after the 3rd
refill... it still tends to cost less than OEM ink. Might not be worth
it to you but it certainly is to me.

Old November 20th 05, 08:05 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

digisol wrote:

Nope, never, it's not worth a print head to use cheap ink, especially
with Epson printers, Canon seen to be able to take the cheap ink
better but for a few lousy dollars, buy the genuine stuff.

I AGREE WITH YOU. IT IS NOT WORTH IT WITH ONLY ONE EXCEPTION. IF YOUR
PRINT LOAD IS SO HIGH YOU MAY GET AWAY WITH THE FEW CHANGES BEFORE YOU
GET A CLOG SO YOU JUST TOSS THE PRINTER. THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH THAT IS
THE QUALITY OF THE RESULTS MAY NOT BE NEAR THE STANDARD YOU EXPECT.

Most printer warranties are voided with the use of any non genuine
ink, some is better than others, plus it's classed as a modification
to the printer and voids the warranty immediately, if
ya don't beleive it, read the fine print !
Canon print heads are worth more than a new later model printer, so
when they don't work just buy another.

GEE I AM GLAD I READ YOUR STUFF

Old November 20th 05, 09:32 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Read it and weep, In plain English.

http://www.epson.com.au/warranty/bac....asp?fromnav=3

I know from personal experience that if you take your printer to a
service centre for repair "usually a blocked print head" once they
test the ink and find it is non genuine ink "your stuffed sunshine"

Warranties for other brands are worded the same or very similar, and
like I said some will accept the cheap ink and work fine, others will
not take it and will die very quickly.

You will notice the sections Warranty Exclusions "d" modifications,
where the use of a non genuine ink voids the warranty.

In particular to Epson, the use of a non genuine ink is classed as a
modification of the printer and voids the warranty instantly.

And the last section of -non genuine items- contains "non genuine ink"
as something that voids your warranty.

Sure the cheap stuff may work, but don't expect the company to fix it
because you used cheap ink and blocked the print head, I know from
personal experience with Epson, as I have done it.

BTW the canon Extended warranty is the same thing, do you think they
will put a $200 print head in your broken printer because you are as
tight as a nun's #### ? NO they won't.

My apologies to the management, the warranty is there to be read for
all.

READ IT if ya can ! Derrr