Canon Users - Do You Believe????

Old November 16th 05, 08:03 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default Canon Users - Do You Believe????

Davy wrote:

Thanks to Burt & Taliesyn for info,
I'm learning - slowly.... and may I ask how you seal the nozzle end
whilst in storage, I would imagine tape or better still some form of
end cap that was a tight fit perhaps..?

I always keep all the original orange breakoff caps that come with the
original cartridges. When I take the cartridges out of the printer I
immediately attach a cap with a couple of tight rubber bands. I use
two bands in case one breaks. I also tape up the top breathing vent
(where you rip off the yellow tags) AFTER filling and while in storage.
Thus, the exit port is sealed with the orange cap. The vent with tape.
And the ink fill hole is sealed with whichever method you have chosen -
rubber plug, stainless steel set screw, vinyl screw that comes with some
blank cartridges, or simply by glue gun. After sealing I cover the fill
hole area with black electrical tape, just in case, to further prevent
any air from going inside and causing a potential leak. It's just for
peace of mind, I've never had a cartridge leak of any kind. When done, I
place my four cartridges in a plastic baggy and put them away for a
month or two in storage, until needed.

-Taliesyn
Old November 16th 05, 08:07 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"Davy" wrote in message
Thanks to Burt & Taliesyn for info,
I'm learning - slowly.... and may I ask how you seal the nozzle end
whilst in storage, I would imagine tape or better still some form of
end cap that was a tight fit perhaps..?

Davy

For refilling an OEM cart save the orange protective cap, trim any little
plastic "bumps" that are left when you break the orange cap off so if seats
evenly, and put it back with a strong rubberband. be sure that the cap is
held evenly front and back of the ink exit port so you get a seal.
Otherwise, any kind of tape that doesn't leave a residue will work. Some
people use electricians tape, but I don't think it sticks that well. Some
use duct tape, but watch for any adhesive that remains after tape removal.

Great information on refilling, sealing the fill holes, storage, trouble
shooting cartridge problems, etc, on the Nifty-stuff forum at
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/

Old November 16th 05, 08:16 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Burt wrote:
BCI-6 tanks don't need to stand for any appreciable period of time after
refilling. You do need to permit any ink that will drip out of the outlet
port to do so before replacing the cart into the printer. If you have a
good seal on the refill hole the dripping will stop after just a few drops
and will not leak into the printhead.

Burt, there are two kinds of 3rd party BCI-6 cartridges, one with yellowish
sponge and the other with white one. The one with yellowish sponge has higher
capillary force to hold ink while the white one has less. There are different
consequences as a result of different sponge used.

The one with higher capillary force will exhibit better holding of ink and is
less likely to cause leaky printhead. But this kind of cartridge is more likely
to develop a blockage in the sponge eventually and cause printhead clog. On the
other hand cartridges with white sponge is more likely to leak ink out of the
printhead, especially if overfilled. But they have the advantage of less likely
to cause printhead clog.

Canon OEM cartridges use white sponge, if you take a look yourself. Canon does
not fill ink into the sponge fully, leaving some white sponge exposed at the top.
This tells how Canon OEM cartridges are NOT overfilled.

This is what I have observed from the 3rd party virgin cartridges I have used.
Both of them have worked well for me. But the one with white sponge can be easily
overfilled and cause ink to leak out from the printhead. The vendor specifically
warned about it and provided instruction how to NOT overfill them. They do work
wonderfully if ink is correctly filled.

Just thought to comment on the general techniques in refilling. Thanks a lot to your
contribution to this NG.

BTW, MK does deserve a point against refilling with 3rd party ink. Canon OEM carts
are used only once. So the chance of developing a blockage in the sponge is nearly
none. But with refilling the probability is increased regardless what sponge in what
cartridge is used. So let's stop attacking him and hope in return he will stop his
attacking attitude either but posting fair opinions of his only. I am sure this NG
will be more peaceful for everyone to post different opinions. For now I do not read
his posts because too much nonsense is in them most of the time.

Steve
Old November 16th 05, 11:30 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Steve Lee wrote:

Burt wrote:

BCI-6 tanks don't need to stand for any appreciable period of time
after refilling. You do need to permit any ink that will drip out of
the outlet port to do so before replacing the cart into the printer.
If you have a good seal on the refill hole the dripping will stop
after just a few drops and will not leak into the printhead.

Burt, there are two kinds of 3rd party BCI-6 cartridges, one with
yellowish
sponge and the other with white one. The one with yellowish sponge has
higher
capillary force to hold ink while the white one has less. There are
different
consequences as a result of different sponge used.

DO YOU THINK ANY NORMAL USERS CARE

[...]

ALL OVER THE CARPET

The vendor specifically
warned about it and provided instruction how to NOT overfill them.
They do work
wonderfully if ink is correctly filled.

IS DAT A FACT

Just thought to comment on the general techniques in refilling. Thanks
a lot to your
contribution to this NG.

THAT LIKE TANKEN MANNY MOE AND JAACK

BTW, MK does deserve a point against refilling with 3rd party ink.

OH YEAH

Canon OEM carts
are used only once. So the chance of developing a blockage in the
sponge is nearly
none.

DATS RIGHT

But with refilling the probability is increased regardless what sponge
in what
cartridge is used. So let's stop attacking him and hope in return he
will stop his
attacking attitude either but posting fair opinions of his only. I am
sure this NG
will be more peaceful for everyone to post different opinions. For now
I do not read
his posts because too much nonsense is in them most of the time.

Steve

HERE IS DA DEAL

*ADMIT DA FOLLOWING*

*ALMOST ALL AFTERMARKET VENDORS WILL NOT TELL YOU WHAT THEY ARE SELLING
YOU.*

AS A RESULT IT IS DIFFICULT TO TRACK THE PERFORMANCE AND PROBLEMS OF A
SPECIFIC MFG/FORMULATOR BECAUSE IN ALL BUT A VERY FEW CASES YOU DO NOT
KNOW WHO IT IS.

*THE QUALITY IS NOT THE SAME AS OEM BECAUSE THE PRINTER WAS NOT DESIGNED
FOR THE INK LIKE OEM.*

*IN THE CASE OF PREFILLED CARTS ONLY ONE KNOWN VENDOR (OF RECENT)
DISCLOSES WHO THE MFG/FORMULATOR OF THE INK ON THEIR WEBSITE BUT THEY DO
NOT TELL YOU (ON THE WEBSITE) WHO THE MFG OF THE CART (CONTAINER) IT
IS. PREFILLED CARTS ARE EVEN MORE DIFFICULT.
*
*MANY OF THE AFTERMARKET WEB VENDORS HAVE QUESTIONABLE BUSINESS PRACTICES
*
*YOU REALLY DO NOT KNOW IF A VENDOR CHANGED THEIR SUPPLIER BETWEEN YOUR
PURCHASES.*

*THE RISK OF GETTING A PRINT CLOG IS GENERALLLY HIGHER WHEN USING
AFTERMARKET INK; ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE USING.
*
*TYPICALLY AN AFTERMARKET BRANDED PREFILLED CART IS ABOUT HALF THE PRICE
FOR A CANON PRINTER.*

*THERE ARE NO BRANDED PREFILLED OR COMPATIBLE AFTERMARKET INK FOR THE
NEW CANON PRINTERS.*

*WHILE PIGMENTED INK PRINTERS HAVE A GREATER PROPENSITY TO CLOG AS
OPPOSED TO DYE USING AN AFTERMARKET PIGMENTED INK IS ASKING YOU PRINTER
TO COMIT PRINTERSIDE.

PRINTING ON THE BOX AND THE PRINTED LABEL OF INK ; ESPECIALLY PREFILLED
CARTS DO NOT DISCLOSE THE MFG/OFRMULATOR OF THE INK INSIDE.

THE WORD COMPATIBLE MEANS NOTHING. JUST LIKE THE EARLY DAYS OF THE PC
WHEN THEY SAID THIS PC WAS COMPATIBLE AND YOU THEN FIND OUT IT WILL NOT
RUN THE SOFTWARE YOU CHOOSE.
*

Old November 16th 05, 11:33 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Think I've got the picture luckily I've saved the ones I 'pulled', why
I dunno but I did..

Thanks again

Davy

Old November 16th 05, 11:33 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Burt wrote:

"Davy" wrote in message
m...

Thanks to Burt & Taliesyn for info,
I'm learning - slowly.... and may I ask how you seal the nozzle end
whilst in storage, I would imagine tape or better still some form of
end cap that was a tight fit perhaps..?

Davy

For refilling an OEM cart save the orange protective cap, trim any little
plastic "bumps" that are left when you break the orange cap off so if seats
evenly, and put it back with a strong rubberband.

YOU CAN ALSO USE A CONDOM CUT TO SIZE SO YOU CAN SAVE MONEY

be sure that the cap is
held evenly front and back of the ink exit port so you get a seal.
Otherwise, any kind of tape that doesn't leave a residue will work.

DUCT TAPE

Some
people use electricians tape, but I don't think it sticks that well. Some
use duct tape, but watch for any adhesive that remains after tape removal.

STICK IS GOOD BECAUSE THE INK WILL STICK AND NOT DRIP ON THE CARPET

SNIP
NOTHING MORE WORTHWHILE. HEY WAIT NOTHING BEFORE WORTHWHILE EITHER
Old November 17th 05, 01:14 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Steve Lee wrote:

....BTW, MK does deserve a point against refilling with 3rd party ink.
Canon...

I would agree only if measher****heas were a normal, intelligent person
with normal deductive reasoning abilities. As we all can plainly see he
clearly isn't. He is mentally challenged. He is a ****ing moron loser.
Kill file his stuck-on-stupid ass and be done with him.
Frank

Old November 17th 05, 01:22 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

fb wrote:

Steve Lee wrote:

...BTW, MK does deserve a point against refilling with 3rd party ink.
Canon...

I would agree only if measher****heas were a normal, intelligent
person with normal deductive reasoning abilities. As we all can
plainly see he clearly isn't. He is mentally challenged. He is a
****ing moron loser.
Kill file his stuck-on-stupid ass and be done with him.
Frank

I would agree only if fb were a normal, intelligent person with normal
deductive reasoning abilities. As we all can plainly see he clearly
isn't. He is mentally challenged. He is a ****ing moron loser.
Kill file his stuck-on-stupid ass and be done with him.

TALKIN TO UR SELF AGAIN
Old November 17th 05, 08:38 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

In article ,
lid says...
Ron,
I was reading somewhere when refilling it's better to leave standing
for 24 hours prior to using and yet I read you insert them straight
away.

Obviously you fill the tanks nice and slow to avoid getting air into
them and not to over fill, be glad if you clarified the above after
filling as to leaving them to settle.

Davy

I use a large (about 1/8") hole, much larger than the needle, and inject
into the open compartment in Canon cartridge (not the foam or fiber
filled one), so I don't add any pressure to the cartridge. I always
refill as soon as I get a low ink warning (from the prism), so the foam
is still saturated with ink. I only wait long enough (1 minute or so) to
be sure the hot glue has sealed the hole, then untape vent and output
holes, make sure it is not leaking, then re-insert. Total time out of
printer is usually about 2 minutes, if I'm quick. I don't think the
printer even knows I've done it (grin)! This applies to my Canon i960
that I've been filling for about a year, and it is really easy to do.
Previously I was refilling a Lexmark for about 4 years, and it required
lots of patience and sometimes a little voodoo, injecting directly into
the foam. The Canon is really a no-brainer, since you can see exactly
what you are doing. It's more "topping off" the clear reservoir than
anything.