Strange Desktop Problems with Radeon 9800XT - Please help!

Old February 15th 04, 04:14 PM
John Peel

Default Strange Desktop Problems with Radeon 9800XT - Please help!

hi all,

I have just got a radeon 9800XT and am having some very strange problems
with the XP desktop. I get blocks of vertical lines down the desktop.
Whilst they dont completely obscure the desktop they prevent me from
usinf XP properly.

I have treid all driver versions from 3.7 - 4.2

Here are my system specs:

Asus P4C800 E delux
Asus 9800XT 256mb
1024 mb PC4000 memory
Windows XP SP1
Hansol 920P monitor at 1024 x 768 85 hertz refresh rate.

Any help or dies would be much appreciated!!

Regards

john
Old February 15th 04, 06:32 PM
Julian Richards

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 16:14:13 +0000, John Peel
wrote:

hi all,

I have just got a radeon 9800XT and am having some very strange problems
with the XP desktop. I get blocks of vertical lines down the desktop.
Whilst they dont completely obscure the desktop they prevent me from
usinf XP properly.

Others may know better than me but I think that you have a dud card
pipeline or memory.
--

Julian Richards
julian-richards "at" ntlworld.com

XP Home
L7S7A2 motherboard
Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines with Omega drivers
1 GB RAM
10 GB + 80 GB HDs
CD+DVD/CDRW drives
Old February 15th 04, 07:19 PM
John Peel

wrote:

hi all,

I have just got a radeon 9800XT and am having some very strange problems
with the XP desktop. I get blocks of vertical lines down the desktop.
Whilst they dont completely obscure the desktop they prevent me from
usinf XP properly.

Others may know better than me but I think that you have a dud card
pipeline or memory.
--

Julian Richards
julian-richards "at" ntlworld.com

XP Home
L7S7A2 motherboard
Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines with Omega drivers
1 GB RAM
10 GB + 80 GB HDs
CD+DVD/CDRW drives

i have now installed the latest asus radeon drivers and it seems to have
gone..although i am not sure its fuxed..i would like to know what might
have caused it though