cheapest ASUS 9800xt in UK?...

Old February 4th 04, 12:35 PM
-=APUK=-

Default cheapest ASUS 9800xt in UK?...

so far found them at £340 at OCUK but my budget is £300 tops! :-(
i have a horrible feeling i'm gonna have to wait about 6 months for the
price to drop that much!!
what about buying from elsewhere europe, is it much cheaper?
or even, can i buy one from the usa?

also, i've been looking at the HIS 9800pro ICEQ which is now just less than
£200 (@ ebuyer) which seems good.
but i am upgrading from a geforce ti-4200 (o/c'd 275/550) so i need to see
enough improvment to warrant the upgrade!

anyone with a ICEQ 9800pro....
what do u bench @ in 3dmark2003?
what is performance like in BF1942 with AA on max?

to be honest tho, i really wanted the asus 9800XT as it has VIVO (which is
needed to replace a pinnacle dc10+) and also to ensure my system will handle
games released in the next few months. i.e. HL2 & DOOM3 and i want to use
max settings! ;-)

anyone else here in uk who is pining for a 9800XT but doesnt want to cough
up 300+ quid? :-)

Old February 4th 04, 11:26 PM
xxx

UK here, well i've just done a full upgrade i went for quality over
cost, heres what i got

AMD Athlon "Barton" XP3200+ 400FSB (Socket A) CPU - Retail
Abit NF7-S v2.0 nForce2 (Socket A) Motherboard
Corsair 1GB DDR XMS3200LLPT TwinX (2x512MB) CAS2
Asus ATI Radeon 9800XT/TVD 256MB & Half Life 2 Bundle - Retail
Western Digital Caviar 120GB Special Edition 8MB Cache Serial ATA
Lian Li PC 70 Aluminium Full-Tower (No PSU)
Globalwin Sapphire Super Silent 19dBA 450W ATX Power Supply
plus some other abit like cables and so on
anyway cost me £1165 from overclockers and there a pain in the ass for
delivery.
I ask for next day delivery and it took them 2 weeks to get them to
me. And yes all the items were in stock at time of buying them. So
they maybe a cheap place to get a ati9800xt cards but they custemer
service stinks.
So i'd think twice of getting a card from them, try
http://www.aria.co.uk/

ATI Radeon 9800XT 256MB DDR AGP £327.83

Old February 5th 04, 03:19 PM
Chip

"-=APUK=-" reply2group wrote in message
s'ok m8, just ordered a HIGHTECH 9800PRO ICEQ

A wise choice, I think. Let us know how you get on. I would imagine you
can clock it *way* over the 9800XT's core speed of 412MHz. Heck, I can run
my 9700 Pro at that speed with the same cooler as the ICEQ!

Chip

AP