Upgrading: 9700 PRO for 9800XT

Old December 14th 03, 02:09 PM
Dr Richard Cranium

does drag just a bit in Battlefield 1942.

did you go back to the cat 3.6's ?

http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4280.html

http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm

** No Fate **

cheers,
dracman
Tomb Raider: Shotgun City
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.org/traod/traod.html

**savegame editors all versions Tomb Raider & TRAOD godmode
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tr2code.htm

http://www.smokeypoint.com/tombraide...r1pictures.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/banshee.html

http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb2.htm#Tova

** GTA III vice City Character MOD
http://www.smokeypoint.com/uzi.htm#gta3

NFS: drive at the limits of tyre adhesion ! snag Lara's Croftraider IV sports car ! !
NFS3:NFS4
http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm#raider

http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm#blondstranger
NFS:HS - Reg method to add your d3d card to NFS:HS
NFS III - Reg method to add your d3d card to NFS:HP
-=-=-
Mad Onion - 3DMark 2001 and 3DMark 2001se -
{not the Pro} 4x4 Missile Launcher Truck Secret Game Demo screen snaps
(and secret password)
http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dmark2001.html
-=-=-

http://www.smokeypoint.com/glidos.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm#blondstranger
http://www.smokeypoint.com/medipak.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tr2code.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/banshee.html
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tombraide...1midaspics.htm

** Win2k and winXP hi-res with TR1
http://www.smokeypoint.com/glidos.htm

** GTA III vice City Character MOD
http://www.smokeypoint.com/uzi.htm#gta3

"Gamer" wrote in message
: I am considering upgrading my 9700 PRO for a 9800XT. This would, even after
: selling my 9700 PRO be an expensive upgrade. My question is, have any of
: you actually made this switch and was it worth it? I really like the image
: quality of the 9700pro when all the settings are maxed, but it does drag
: just a bit in Battlefield 1942. My system is
:
: PIV 2.6ghz
: 1.0 GIG PC1066 RAM
: 17'' gaming LCD
: Audigy 2
: Dual Optical Mouse
: 9700 PRO
:
: In general I try to wait for the performance to be twice as good before I
: upgrade, but my 9700 PRO will only decrease in value as time goes on...any
: thoughts on the subject?
:
: ~JG
:
:

at http://www.TitanNews.com

Old December 14th 03, 09:09 PM
Strontium

Try Google. This topic was just discussed, last week (concerning
9700np---9800XT).

-
Gamer stood up at show-n-tell, in fj3Db.113098$_M.585852@attbi_s54, and

--
Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. `Cause every
now, and then, I kick the livin' **** `outta me." - Lit

Old December 14th 03, 10:34 PM
Ben Pope

cheers,
dracman

snip 20 links to the same website

Would one link to the homepage not suffice? I notice you don't actually
have that as a sig, either.

Ben

Old December 15th 03, 02:46 AM
Max Longman

"Gamer" wrote in message
I am considering upgrading my 9700 PRO for a 9800XT. This would, even after
selling my 9700 PRO be an expensive upgrade. My question is, have any of
you actually made this switch and was it worth it? I really like the image
quality of the 9700pro when all the settings are maxed, but it does drag
just a bit in Battlefield 1942. My system is

PIV 2.6ghz
1.0 GIG PC1066 RAM
17'' gaming LCD
Audigy 2
Dual Optical Mouse
9700 PRO

I don't think B1942 runs well on any ATI card. Even if you turn down settings you
still risk menu corruption when you pop out of a game. Shame because it's
probably the best game ever made.

Old December 15th 03, 07:39 AM
Andrew

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 02:46:04 GMT, "Max Longman"
wrote:

I don't think B1942 runs well on any ATI card. Even if you turn down settings you
still risk menu corruption when you pop out of a game. Shame because it's
probably the best game ever made.

BS, it works very well on my 9700 Pro.
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.
Old December 15th 03, 07:59 AM
Ben Pope

Max Longman wrote:
I don't think B1942 runs well on any ATI card. Even if you turn down
settings you still risk menu corruption when you pop out of a game.
Shame because it's probably the best game ever made.

Not played BF1942, but Call of Duty is pretty cool.

Ben

Old December 15th 03, 04:49 PM
Thomas

Max Longman wrote:
I am considering upgrading my 9700 PRO for a 9800XT. This would,
even after selling my 9700 PRO be an expensive upgrade. My question
is, have any of you actually made this switch and was it worth it?
I really like the image quality of the 9700pro when all the settings
are maxed, but it does drag just a bit in Battlefield 1942. My
system is

PIV 2.6ghz
1.0 GIG PC1066 RAM
17'' gaming LCD
Audigy 2
Dual Optical Mouse
9700 PRO

I don't think B1942 runs well on any ATI card. Even if you turn down
settings you still risk menu corruption when you pop out of a game.
Shame because it's probably the best game ever made.

Man, i have a 9700, P4 , no lag whatsoever, using 2x FSAA... Maybe
something else is the matter with yr system... Flashing icons in the system
tray or sth?

Thomas

Old December 16th 03, 03:25 AM
Gamer

wrote:

I don't think B1942 runs well on any ATI card. Even if you turn down

settings you
still risk menu corruption when you pop out of a game. Shame because

it's
probably the best game ever made.

BS, it works very well on my 9700 Pro.
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.

I agree. 1942 runs fantastic with my 9700PRO, I was just wondering if a
9800xt would be that much better..

JG

Old December 16th 03, 04:32 AM
Mark Stuckless

It is an expensive upgrade. I thought it was worth it though. The 9800
XT will put out the same graphics as a 9600 Pro or 9600 ZT, but at a
faster frame rate. Unless you just wanna be able to say you have a 9800
XT don't upgrade yet. Wait for the price to drop a bit first. But if
you do upgrade and do it before christmas you'll get a free copy of half
life 2!

Mark