Graphics Card

Old August 16th 04, 10:52 PM
Rich Lowe

Default Graphics Card

Hey all,

I have an AMD 64 3200+ with a MSI K8N Neo Platinum Mobo, should I go
with the Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, or the eVGA GeForceFX 5900SE? Any
thoughts?

Thanks a bunch,

Rich
Old August 16th 04, 11:13 PM
Daniel P

eVGA Geforce FX 5900SE I have it and its awesome it is a wonderful proformer
and its not too high priced. I ve also heard it proforms well with Doom 3
--
"Duct tape is a lot like the Force. It has a Dark side, a Light side, and it
holds all the pieces of the Universe together"
om...

Old August 17th 04, 12:00 AM
Carlo Razzeto

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2146&p=4

9800Pro should out preform the 5900SE in Doom 3

Carlo

Old August 27th 04, 11:53 PM
VTR16V

I have also the sapphire 9800 Pro and it runs Doom3 very good.
Graphic quality seems to be better with the 9800Pro.

The 5900SE seems to have problems with a bios setting of the MSI K8N.
When setting it to Turbo performance (instead of fast) the bootup
screen of the bios hangs. Nothing responds, you have to reset the
bios with the jumper on the mainbord.

"Carlo Razzeto" schreef in bericht

Old August 30th 04, 08:59 AM
Rich Lowe

Thanks a bunch all, I decided to go with the Sapphire 9800 Pro, I
think I will probably want to replace the heatsink/fan on it though,
the fan looks a bit flaky.

Thanks again,

Rich
Old August 31st 04, 12:56 AM
VTR16V

Yes the heatsink/fan on the Sapphire 9800 Pro doesn't look that wonderfull.
But anyway this videocard generates more heat than my old Geforce 4-TI.
The system temprerature is now higher.

I am going to put liquidcooling in my system as soon as I have some more
money on my bank account :-))

btw: I destroyed my Geforce 4-TI in an attempt to put a heatpipe on it :-(
So be carefull when removing the heatsink/fan of the videocard.

Good luck

"Rich Lowe" schreef in bericht
om...