Ping Fitz

Old August 7th 04, 06:04 AM
Chris

Default Ping Fitz

Greets Fitz,

When you answered my question about a single hard drive on the SATA
RAID controller, you mentioned that I should have opted for some
PC3500 memory over the PC3200 memory that I had ordered. Well, you
were right, because the Corsair sticks will not run stable at CAS 2
(as it comes aggressively timed from the factory). Relaxing the
timing to CAS 2.5 seemed to do the trick because that made my system
stable. I just think it sucks that I paid extra for the Corsair
PC3200XLPRO series and it won't run reliably @ 200 MHz and CAS2 as
rated! This is the first time Corsair has let me down since January
2000, when I started using them exclusively in all of my systems!

Rather than eating the 15% restocking fee, and ordering some PC3500
memory, I opted to keep the Corsair and run it at CAS 2.5. Besides
stability, I can't tell the performance difference between CAS 2 and
CAS 2.5 (lol).

Once again, thanks for the input, and you can take this opportunity to
say "I told you so".

Chris

PING Onideus Mad Hatter/Baby Matthew Rick General 15 June 26th 04 04:19 AM
PING: Shep and S.B. Shep© General 0 October 1st 03 09:04 PM
Fastest Router possible? Broadband Router Reviews? Bruce B General 22 September 10th 03 02:02 PM
Ping Spajky: MSI 6163 Q again! ~misfit~ General 16 July 18th 03 03:02 AM