AMD K6 200 mhz question

Old April 4th 04, 02:38 PM
Loren

Default AMD K6 200 mhz question

I am about to attempt to transfer data files from an older AMD K6 200 mhz pc
to a new pentium pc.
I am planning to use a program made by Detto called Intellimover - and the
instructions say that both pcs must 486 or higher..
Can anyone here tell me if the AMD K4 is equivilant to 486?

Old April 4th 04, 03:02 PM

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 09:38:15 -0400, Loren wrote:

I am about to attempt to transfer data files from an older AMD K6 200 mhz pc
to a new pentium pc.
I am planning to use a program made by Detto called Intellimover - and the
instructions say that both pcs must 486 or higher..
Can anyone here tell me if the AMD K4 is equivilant to 486?

Your K6 is much faster than any 486, so no worries there.

Old April 4th 04, 03:29 PM
Loren

wow - what a great group.
2 replies to my question in a matter of minutes!
The K4 was a typo - it's a K6
Thank you both for your fast reply :-)

"Van Souza" wrote in message
Yes to the K4.