Hot Plug PCI + Slackware 10 = Howto?

Old October 9th 04, 02:20 PM
Tony

Default Hot Plug PCI + Slackware 10 = Howto?

Good Morning,

With the Proliant 6500, how exactly do you hot plug a PCI card under
Linux? I know that some of the later model 6500's with the Xeon
processor had a switch at the PCI slot that you could use to power
down the slot...but I don't have one of those. I beleive the only way
to do it in Windows was with a GUI program/driver combo.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Tony

Old October 9th 04, 03:17 PM
Tony

Just a quick followup, I do have the PCI hotplug support built into
the kernel (I rolled my own a few weeks ago to enable that, along with
the Smart Array and multi-processor support).

Tony