Compaq ProLiant 4500

Old January 12th 04, 09:31 PM
Mike Kieffer

Default Compaq ProLiant 4500

I have retired several ProLiant 4500 servers. I am currently selling the
parts from them on eBay. If you have ProLiant 4500 and need some spare
parts, you can get them at a deal.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl... id=m_kieffer

Thanks,
Mike Kieffer

Old January 12th 04, 10:54 PM
Mike Kieffer

LOL -- I had to get my company to retire them first.....

"nut cracker" wrote in message
where were you 4 years ago when I was busy building up my army of 4000's

and
4500's ?

: )

LC

s.com...

Old January 13th 04, 03:43 AM
NuT CrAcKeR

I still have several of them...

Since they are all eisa based... i dont think they will run linux, and not
enough horsepower to run 2000 or 2003 (in any useful capacity)...

what are we going to do with these things?

Old January 13th 04, 04:24 PM
Mike Kieffer

I am selling the parts because some people still have them in production.
You can get them to run Linux, but it is very difficult to do. And you are
correct, they runn 2000 pretty good, that is what we had on them, but 2003
will not work because they have not PCI slots and 2003 or XP will not use a
NON PCI NIC.

Old January 16th 04, 02:33 PM
Gereon Wenzel

I still have several of them...

Since they are all eisa based... i dont think they will run linux, and not
enough horsepower to run 2000 or 2003 (in any useful capacity)...

They might run LINUX, but will be able to use a single CPU only. )o:
I also don't think any of the Netflex EISA cards is supported?

what are we going to do with these things?

NT4SP6 still works quite nice on these, didn't try 2K yet?

Gereon

Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 October 17th 04 12:49 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 31st 04 02:23 PM
Compaq Proliant Server Parts Fidgerry Compaq Servers 3 December 29th 03 07:05 PM
FS: Qty. 11 Compaq Proliant Systems $1,500 - 3000, 4500, 5500's 444UNIX Compaq Computers 0 November 3rd 03 02:29 PM
Compaq ready to go Jazzy Ban Compaq Computers 0 October 14th 03 02:54 PM