proliant 1600 problem with second cpu

Old November 6th 03, 08:39 PM
Alexander Joelly

Default proliant 1600 problem with second cpu

hi there,

i have an proliant 1600 6/500 with one pentium3 500mhz cpu;
now i installed a second cpu, the bios see both cpu´s but no operating system (linux, nt, w2k) found a second cpu;
changing the positions has no affect, each cpu works - but only alone;

did anyone know this problem ?

thx,
alex

Old November 6th 03, 08:41 PM
NuT CrAcKeR

with linux you need to compile an SMP kernel and tell lilo to use it.
with w2k you need to change the machine type to MPS (from the device
manager).

Cheers,

LC

Old November 6th 03, 08:49 PM
Alexander Joelly

NuT CrAcKeR wrote:
with linux you need to compile an SMP kernel and tell lilo to use it.
with w2k you need to change the machine type to MPS (from the device
manager).

i have done all of them, but no operating system detects a second cpu;
six of my machines are running with two cpu´s, and i have no troubles to get them work - only the proliant server doesn´t work;
the other machines are no compaq machines, self assembled with motherboards from tyan, asus and msi;

greets,
alex

Old November 6th 03, 10:54 PM
NuT CrAcKeR

Then you might need to go into the F10 utilities, and use the System
Configuration.

Press F10 when you hear the beep, and the cursor goes to the top right
(provided you HAVE an EISA partition and its utilities... tell me you built
the server using SmartStart).

At the first screen, press CTRL + A to get into advanced mode, then choose
System Configuration.

Scroll down through the options, and make sure that the Mapping Table is
using FULL TABLE, and NOT Full Table Mapped.

If that is how the server is setup, save the settings and reboot. This
behavior may be caused because the NVRAM was not updated to include the
address and resource mappings for the additonal processor that you added to
the system. You didnt list your installation process, so I am making some
assumptions.

Let us know what you find.

Old November 7th 03, 04:42 PM
Alexander Joelly

NuT CrAcKeR wrote:
[...]

wow! thanks!
you have solved my problem
i never would found this setting alone;

thx,
alex

Old November 7th 03, 05:07 PM
NuT CrAcKeR

Its always a pleasure.

Have fun.

NuT CrAcKeR wrote:
[...]

ATI Radeon 8500 problem (or the ViewSonice A90f+ monitor problem)?? T.T. Ati Videocards 0 October 9th 04 07:19 PM
Mouse Problem Jeff Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 06:44 AM
not the same old B&W problem (I don't think) Brian Lee Ati Videocards 0 July 9th 04 01:15 AM
Really WEIRD problem! TMack Ati Videocards 4 April 12th 04 04:30 AM
Directx Problem Solved Me Nvidia Videocards 1 August 23rd 03 06:32 AM