what card

Old June 29th 03, 11:35 PM
dave

Default what card

I,m after a good reliable
well supported with updates video card that supportd AGPX8, there are so
many out there its so hard to choose, at the moment I have a radeon 32mb
ddr, ok for what I got but no good for new system, I,d like to stay with
Radeon and was looking at the Radeon 9000 Pro 128MB DDR AGP RP DVI VO on
dabs website any thoughts on it, or has anyone got better, price limit is
£120

Thanks

Dave

Old June 30th 03, 12:45 AM
Mike Levy A+, N+, MCP

If you want to stay ATI, why ask in an nVidia group? I don't know how
the pricing works out, but the lower end of the GeForce4 Ti series is
likely in that range. The ones with TV Tuner if that's what you want
seem to be a rare breed, ATI brands make a lot more All-In-Wonder
style cards than the nVidia brands do.

Old July 1st 03, 08:12 AM
Ron Merts

Please let us now how it works out for you. I benchmarked a Radeon 9200 Pro
with 128Mb DDR against a 4800Se (an 8X 4400) and the nVidia blew the 9200
Pro away. The Radeon 9200 Pro performed more like a GeForce4 MX 440 with
64Mb of DDR on an Athlon XP 2000+ CPU.

Ron

"dave" wrote in message

" P.S. Let us know about Your final descision, I am curious!!!

Well those first few words said it all really "thats a bad choice"
so i gone for the GF4 Ti4200-8x 128MB DDR AGP RP
£92

cheers
Dave

PCI PVR card for use with Dish Network DBS? Dave C. Homebuilt PC's 4 June 21st 04 07:03 PM
TV tuner card for LCD Stacey General 15 April 4th 04 03:06 AM
Bootabe Compact Flash Card on USB ... Possible on the P4C800E-Deluxe kda Asus Motherboards 0 January 28th 04 07:06 PM
Video card for Asus CUSL2 Kamal Asus Motherboards 2 January 28th 04 06:03 PM
Add PCI card gives 1 Long 2 Short Beeps Jane Tweedynn General 5 October 6th 03 01:15 AM