DVD playback

Old June 29th 03, 04:09 AM
Nathan

but I am not outputting it to TV, this is on my LCD monitor.

I have solved it

I re-installed the drivers twice and one the second run all is fine. No idea
why.

"tq96" wrote in message
Doh! You're right. They date back to about November I think. Well,
you'll get several suggestions on switching DVD sw, using programs

All good and well but the 40.72 drivers dont support the GeForce
FX5800

Sounds like it good be that Macrovision issue with drivers after
40.72 (search the groups.google.com archive for lots of

It doesn't matter. If he has an FX5800, then the macrovision issue
wouldn't be his problem. This issue only affects older cards using older
non-MV complient tv chips. No card manufacturer in its right mind would
knowingly make an NVidia card without MV support knowing the current state
of affairs.

Old June 29th 03, 04:36 AM
Brad

"tq96" wrote in message
Doh! You're right. They date back to about November I think. Well,
you'll get several suggestions on switching DVD sw, using programs

All good and well but the 40.72 drivers dont support the GeForce
FX5800

Sounds like it good be that Macrovision issue with drivers after
40.72 (search the groups.google.com archive for lots of

It doesn't matter. If he has an FX5800, then the macrovision issue
wouldn't be his problem. This issue only affects older cards using older
non-MV complient tv chips. No card manufacturer in its right mind would
knowingly make an NVidia card without MV support knowing the current state
of affairs.

Yeah, that occured to me too, when I thought about it. Surely nobody is
still using the BT868 or similar with nVidia anymore. But this just shows
as I had alluded to in an earlier thread that some people will get the same
or similar initial error message, making it look like the TV chip problem,
and then solve it with a driver reinstall or a sw setting or something,
showing that it was really a different problem.

Old June 29th 03, 07:56 AM
GeoW

Brad wrote:
"tq96" wrote in message
Doh! You're right. They date back to about November I think.
Well, you'll get several suggestions on switching DVD sw, using
programs

All good and well but the 40.72 drivers dont support the GeForce
FX5800

Sounds like it good be that Macrovision issue with drivers after
40.72 (search the groups.google.com archive for lots of

It doesn't matter. If he has an FX5800, then the macrovision issue
wouldn't be his problem. This issue only affects older cards using
older non-MV complient tv chips. No card manufacturer in its right
mind would knowingly make an NVidia card without MV support knowing
the current state of affairs.

Yeah, that occured to me too, when I thought about it. Surely nobody
is still using the BT868 or similar with nVidia anymore.

snip
GF3 Ti200.

Not everybody runs out and buys the newest card as soon as it comes out. The
GF3 is a little over a year old and does just fine for me. (my wife has a
TNT2 M64) The benchmark scores don't show enough of a difference for me to
upgrade to the current technology from the GF3. What's the point of new
bells and whistles, when the software doesn't use it yet really.

Old June 30th 03, 03:07 AM
Brad

Yeah, that occured to me too, when I thought about it. Surely nobody
is still using the BT868 or similar with nVidia anymore.

snip
GF3 Ti200.

Not everybody runs out and buys the newest card as soon as it comes out.

The
GF3 is a little over a year old and does just fine for me. (my wife has a
TNT2 M64) The benchmark scores don't show enough of a difference for me to
upgrade to the current technology from the GF3. What's the point of new
bells and whistles, when the software doesn't use it yet really.

I'm using the same chip, friend. I have a couple DX9 games and many many
DX8 games that play quite acceptably on it with features turned up and
everything.

Old June 30th 03, 11:52 AM
Stephen Smith

"111" wrote in message
Stephen Smith wrote:

Sounds like it good be that Macrovision issue with drivers after
40.72 (search the groups.google.com archive for lots of discussion
of this in this ng).

I suffered this problem the other day (with 44.03 drivers) and I went
back to using 41.09. My DVDs work fine using 41.09......? (using
Hercules 3D Prophet III GeForce 3)
[snip]

I used to have problem playing DVD with PowerDVD with drivers later than
40. Now I don't. The problem just disappeared. I can play DVD with
PowerDVD using drivers 43.35 or something and 44.03. I have no way to
explain it but I'm glad it's gone.

Alex

Don't you just hate problems like that? When they just "disappear"? :-( It's
much nicer /knowing/ what cleared up an issue rather than be just
luck/quirk.

Ah well, if it's all working just remember the "if it aint broke, don't fix
it" rule!

:-)

Stephen.

Old July 6th 03, 06:33 AM
Robert

I had the same problem with WinDVD. Open the APP, then start the disk
manually. It's one way to tell. I've discovered bad drives thais way.

(120/124 BSCS) ASEET MCP A+

"Nathan" wrote in message
Why wont DVD's play back any more?

I have tried WinDVD and PowerDVD....

Windows XP
GFX5800
44.03

ATI video playback defective--Suggestions?? Jack Ati Videocards 8 January 16th 05 05:02 PM
Low quality playback on comp monitor using Matrox RT.X10 and Prem Pro Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\) Matrox Videocards 2 August 14th 04 02:48 PM
Help! DVD playback at 1080i with ATI Radeon 7200? Isaac Kuo Ati Videocards 14 December 11th 03 04:30 PM
Jerky PLayback Randall Ati Videocards 0 July 21st 03 08:14 PM
Stuttering DVD playback with sound problems 9700 to blame? Usenetter Ati Videocards 7 June 27th 03 08:52 PM