Win2K + Geforce 3 Ti 200 --> Shutdown = KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_ERROR nv4_mini.sys

Old July 4th 03, 01:23 PM
Jean-Luc NGUYEN

Default Win2K + Geforce 3 Ti 200 --> Shutdown = KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_ERROR nv4_mini.sys

Each time I shutdown my computer, or I try to reboot, I have this message
error:

*** STOP: 0x0000001E (0xC0000005, 0xF868C514, 0x00000000, 0x0000001C)
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

*** Address F868C514 base at F8657000, DateStamp 3d6bb1ce - nv4_mini.sys

It happens with all 4*.** nvidia drivers
I tried very old drivers (2*.**) and it doesn't happen with them.

Any body ever had this trouble?

Old July 5th 03, 10:17 AM
Jean-Luc NGUYEN

I installed sp4 and all latest drivers on my computer.

Still the same problem

Any other idea?

"Beowulf" a écrit dans le message de
Are you running the latest service pack? This popped up occasionay on
some of the drivers on my system with sp2 and the det 30s. It went away
with sp3. (I also just noticed that sp4 is out) Can't remember what
the reason was...you might want the check out microsoft's knowledge base
(do a search for "KMODE_EXCEPTION")

Old July 5th 03, 09:47 PM
Beowulf

Wel,l, I guess we'll have to do the the hard way. These steps are
adapted from MS article on troubleshooting KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
issues:
1. unplus and uninstal ALL hardware - leave only IDE devices CPU, mobo,
kb and mouse (PS/2 - NOT USB)
2. uninstal nvidia drivers and set vid to std VGA.
3. boot into safe mode and check for any phantom devices and delete them.
4. reboot - at this point you should be able to shutdown/restart properly.
5. starting with vid card, install the latest manuacturer's driver
6. If everything is OK, install your hardware ONE by ONE.

here's a tip that dates back to the dawn of the geforce,
install latest chipset/mobo drivers, reboot THEN dx 8 or 9, reboot THEN
nvidia drivers, reboot
There was a time when installing dx after nvidia drivers caused problems

If all else fails, MS2k/XP is no OS X, and a PC is not a Mac, sooner or
later you'll have to do a wipe and a clean install to clear up the weirdness

Old July 6th 03, 06:42 AM
Jean-Luc NGUYEN

ok, thanks for your answer.
I try that and keep you informed of the issue.
Hoping it will fix the problem

Jean-Luc