TV OUT?!?

Old June 26th 03, 08:51 PM
Alex Cordero

Default TV OUT?!?

Anyway, what kind of cable converts and S-VIDEO signal to a Composite
signal? I don't have S-VIDEO on my TV. Radio Shack doesn't have it and
Ciruit City tried to sell me something that was $100 with a monster
cable--whatever that is? and Good Guys has no idea what I'm talking about.
So, what is this mysterious cable and where do I get one?

I just bought a GeForce4 MX440 card with 128Mb of RAM for my son's computer.
The selling point for us was the TV out feature. I was not allowed to open
the box and didn't know what nvidia meant by TV OUT. To me that's Composite.
To our surprise, it's S-VIDEO!! I was ****ed because they guy at the store
said it was a standard TV hookup--to me that's not S-SVIDEO. I haven't seen
too many S-VIDEO TVs--at least not at a price that I'm willing to pay for a
TV.

Thanks,

-Alex

Old June 26th 03, 09:18 PM
neopolaris

"Alex Cordero" wrote in message
[...]

If you have RCA jacks on the back of the TV you can but an adapter.

Old June 26th 03, 10:16 PM
Karl

You should of got a little converter cable with your card.
The little cable looks like a PS2 mouse plug on one end and a phone socket
on the other of a short cable, most computer shops should have them.

"Alex Cordero" wrote in message
my TV has RCA jacks, but what converts the S-VIDEO signal from the card to
the RCA jacks on the TV?

Old June 27th 03, 02:01 AM
LiNeChAsEr

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 13:43:02 -0700, "Alex Cordero"
wrote:

[...]

I have the same card. I have no s-video jack on my tv. I do have a
old adapter cable from my 3dfx card which converts s-video to rca.
But iI still can't get a picture on my tv. It just shows wavy colours.
Any help would be great. Thanks

Old June 27th 03, 02:02 AM
SG

This place carries alot more but this is what you are talking about. I
got the cable with s-video on one end and a male rca on the other and
it works fine without an extra connection to work loose.
http://www.pccables.com/cgi-bin/orde...&rsite=&rcode=

Old June 27th 03, 04:42 AM
Biz

Alex, s-video has been a pretty standard tv-hookup for nearly 10 years now....it is component that
is what is on more expensive models, but it can be found on 27" tvs in the $400 and less range
today. You didnt say what BRAND of Geforce4 MX card you bought so its hard to say whether the
manufacturer makes the adapter you are looking for or not. Most if not all video cards I have
bought with tv-out actually include the adapter with the card, but its been over 10 years now since
I had a tv without an s-video.
--
Biz

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand
alloys and compositions and,......things with molecular structures,....and
the....." - Ash