GeforceFX 5800 - Problem...

Old June 27th 03, 07:37 PM
.: Emily and TheGhost :.

Default GeforceFX 5800 - Problem...

I've got my new computer with this graphic video card.
A Geforce Fx5800 by Asus.
Now, the problem is... when I boot the computer
at the start I hear the spinning fan of the fx...
then the silence... of course because I'm in windows
and I'm not executing videogames. But when I try
to play to a videogame (direct3d opengl) the fan doesn't make
any noise... now...

Am I fortunate, because I've a silent fx5800 :-P eheh
Or what? I hear the fx's spinning fan accelerate only when I boot
the computer and for three seconds (probably it test itself)

Let me know thanks in advance.

..: Emily and TheGhost :.

Old June 27th 03, 08:59 PM
Carl

..: Emily and TheGhost :. wrote:
I've got my new computer with this graphic video card.
A Geforce Fx5800 by Asus.
Now, the problem is... when I boot the computer
at the start I hear the spinning fan of the fx...
then the silence... of course because I'm in windows
and I'm not executing videogames. But when I try
to play to a videogame (direct3d opengl) the fan doesn't make
any noise... now...

Am I fortunate, because I've a silent fx5800 :-P eheh
Or what? I hear the fx's spinning fan accelerate only when I boot
the computer and for three seconds (probably it test itself)

Let me know thanks in advance.

.: Emily and TheGhost :.

Dont worry about it. They will come on briefly on really long gaming
sessions. It all depends on how good your existing cooling is. I have a
PCI slot exhaust fan which sucks the heat right off my card and out the
back. It will take about 2 hours of gaming before the dual blowers on my
leadtek 5800 come on. Believe me you dont want them on all the time....

~Carl

Old June 27th 03, 09:21 PM
.: Emily and TheGhost :.

Dont worry about it. They will come on briefly on really long gaming
sessions. It all depends on how good your existing cooling is.

Thanks Carl :-) so I must think it could be so, because in my computer
i've a power source that came with double fan in it.
And other three fan, two for the case and one for the hard disk.
:-) Thanks again Carl... I feel better now.

..: Emily and TheGhost :.

Old June 27th 03, 10:32 PM
b00gjuice

I have a 5800 Ultra. The 5800 is designed to run hot. The early drivers did
not control the fan very reliably on my card. Make sure you have the latest
44.03 drivers installed. If you have those drivers and the fan comes and
goes then that is how it is supposed to be. Lucky you, the 5800 Ultra's flow
fx fan blows quite hard.

Good Luck

".: Emily and TheGhost :." wrote in
message .. .

Old June 27th 03, 10:51 PM
.: Emily and TheGhost :.

If you have those drivers and the fan comes and
goes then that is how it is supposed to be.

The fan goes... not comes :-)

..: Emily and TheGhost :.

Old June 28th 03, 04:37 PM

I have an MSI FX 5800 and so far even after running some intense graphics
the fan doesn't come. It cam on when I was rendering a very large graphic
however but that was not for very long. I believe the FX 5800 is a great
middle of the road video card and the prices for them are falling quite a
bit.

regards

".: Emily and TheGhost :." wrote in
message .. .
I've got my new computer with this graphic video card.
A Geforce Fx5800 by Asus.
Now, the problem is... when I boot the computer
at the start I hear the spinning fan of the fx...
then the silence... of course because I'm in windows
and I'm not executing videogames. But when I try
to play to a videogame (direct3d opengl) the fan doesn't make
any noise... now...

Am I fortunate, because I've a silent fx5800 :-P eheh
Or what? I hear the fx's spinning fan accelerate only when I boot
the computer and for three seconds (probably it test itself)

Let me know thanks in advance.

.: Emily and TheGhost :.

Shortcut problem (southbridge burn) Ian Homebuilt PC's 4 December 14th 04 10:33 PM
Help needed with unidentified problem ^MisterJingo^ General 3 November 23rd 04 05:45 AM
ATI Radeon 8500 problem (or the ViewSonice A90f+ monitor problem)?? T.T. Ati Videocards 0 October 9th 04 07:19 PM
Mouse Problem Jeff Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 06:44 AM
not the same old B&W problem (I don't think) Brian Lee Ati Videocards 0 July 9th 04 01:15 AM