9600 XT or 9600 Pro

Old December 28th 03, 12:13 PM
Byron Hinson

Default 9600 XT or 9600 Pro

Which is the faster card out of the 9600 Pro and the 9600 XT? Just wondering
as I noticed the prices for ATI cards seem to be lower at the moment in the
UK so I may go and pick one up.

--
Byron Hinson
ActiveMac: http://www.activewin.com/mac

Old December 28th 03, 04:13 PM
Dark Avenger

"Byron Hinson" wrote in message ...
Which is the faster card out of the 9600 Pro and the 9600 XT? Just wondering
as I noticed the prices for ATI cards seem to be lower at the moment in the
UK so I may go and pick one up.

XT is faster, though PRO self is already damn fast, One problem with
the Pro.

Compagnies, that is a problem, some make PRO cards with slower memory
and sell it as pro cards.

It's legal, allowed but not nice. So instead of a nice card with DDR
300 you get DDR 200.

Ah, buy a card BUILT BY ATI, or SAPPHIRE and you are safe!
Old December 28th 03, 07:50 PM
Tod

The Pro and XT seem to be the exact same card, except
The XT GPU runs at 500mhz
The Pro GPU runs at 400mhz.

Double check on the manufactures website.

Old December 28th 03, 09:12 PM
J.Clarke

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 18:50:38 GMT
"Tod" wrote:

The Pro and XT seem to be the exact same card, except
The XT GPU runs at 500mhz
The Pro GPU runs at 400mhz.

Double check on the manufactures website.

The XT uses a new processor made using a different manufacturing
process from the Pro, which allows higher clock speeds. It also has
on-chip temperature monitoring to support ATI's "overdrive" automatic
overclocking.

"Byron Hinson" wrote in message
Which is the faster card out of the 9600 Pro and the 9600 XT? Just

wondering
as I noticed the prices for ATI cards seem to be lower at the moment
in

the
UK so I may go and pick one up.

--