low FPS with Ti4200 and Barton in ***

Old October 9th 03, 07:17 PM
Logger

Default low FPS with Ti4200 and Barton in ***

I have a Barton 2500+ running at 2.1GHz and an OC'd Ti4200. I get around
20000 in AquaMark3 and 13,900 in 3DMark2001.

I downloaded *** and ran Fraps while looking at a few scenes. Quite often
when there was even the slightest bit of action, I got 11 to 19
frames/second. Trying to shoot some of the flying creatures was almost
impossible because of the low fps. I tried 800x600 and 1024x768, No AA, No
AF and no Texture Sharpening. Some scenes wouldn't get above 25 fps even if
there was no action at all. I was using 32 bit color BTW. I guess the bottom
line is, if you want to play the game at 1024x768x32, the Ti4200 and a
2.1GHz CPU won't cut it.

I am waiting to see how the 9600XT performs. Maybe I'll get one.

If somebody with a GF2MX and a 1.0GHz CPU expects to play this game, they're
going to be really disappointed.

Posted to the Half-Life newsgroup.

Logger

Old October 9th 03, 11:15 PM
Ben Cottrell

You downloaded What?? .. Why did you censor out the 1 word that gives
any reasonable meaning to your entire post?

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as
kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills
and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson,
Nintendo, Inc, 1989
Old October 9th 03, 11:30 PM
Logger

"live" wrote in message
its beta.. actually probably alpha

It's not an alpha release and it's not a beta release. The people that are
calling it that don't know what they are talking about.

Logger

Old October 9th 03, 11:32 PM
Logger

"Ben Cottrell" wrote in message
You downloaded What?? .. Why did you censor out the 1 word that gives
any reasonable meaning to your entire post?

*** is the name of the game. You can get it at www.***.com

Logger

Old October 9th 03, 11:41 PM
Ben Cottrell

Logger wrote:

You downloaded What?? .. Why did you censor out the 1 word that gives
any reasonable meaning to your entire post?

*** is the name of the game. You can get it at www.***.com

Huh? ... are you having me on? * is not a valid character to use in an
URL.

Old October 9th 03, 11:54 PM
JAD

bye by......
no need for non sense

Old October 10th 03, 12:37 AM
John Twernbold

Ben Cottrell wrote:
*** is the name of the game. You can get it at www.***.com

Huh? ... are you having me on? * is not a valid character to use in an
URL.

Oh, Bench... ;-)

--
Bold
aka John Twernbold

Old October 10th 03, 09:05 AM
Patch

Ben Cottrell wrote:
*** is the name of the game. You can get it at www.***.com

Huh? ... are you having me on? * is not a valid character to use in an
URL.

Oh, Bench... ;-)

--
Bold