ATI Remote Wonder vs MSI FX5200 Remote

Old August 28th 03, 03:20 PM
Harry Muscle

Default ATI Remote Wonder vs MSI FX5200 Remote

I would like to get a remote control for my new computer. There seem to be
two main options (please let me know if you know of others), the ATI Remote
Wonder and the Remote Control that comes with a lot of the MSI FX graphics
cards (in my case the FX5200 TDR). Anybody have any experience with these?
Which one did you prefer? The more info the better.

I was also wondering if someone might know a little about remote control
software. I was reading about remotes a few weeks back and one article was
talking about this other piece of software designed to work with most
remotes (which replaces the software that comes with these remotes and is
supposed to be way better). Does anyone know of any such software?

Thanks,
Harry

Old August 31st 03, 07:11 AM
Ron Merts

You can also use the Personal Cinema card from eVGA. It's based either on
the GeForce4 MX 440 with 64Mb of memory (old version) or the GeForce FX 5200
with 128Mb of memory (newer version). It gives you a multitude of video
in/out options and includes a remote that will control your PC as well as
act like a mouse.

Ron

Old August 31st 03, 11:18 PM
John

The ATI Remote Wonder is a radio (not infra-red) remote control, which means
it works thru walls etc. It's supposed to be very good. I wanted to buy one,
but they aren't available in Australia (unless someone can tell me
otherwise). The best software for them is supposed to be Girder. Hercules
and Saphire also have the same product, in different packaging.

PC remote control? Christo General 0 December 17th 04 03:02 PM
Asus Gf4 4200ti vs. generic vs. Asus fx5200 Bob Knowlden General 8 August 9th 03 04:59 AM
Asus Gf4 4200ti vs. generic vs. Asus fx5200 Bob Knowlden Homebuilt PC's 4 August 9th 03 04:59 AM
FX5200 (non Ultra) vs. ATI 9200? Tod Ati Videocards 0 July 3rd 03 10:02 PM
A7V8X and Geforce FX5200 issues Bruno Asus Motherboards 0 June 28th 03 09:06 PM