Help with Epson 3200, Please!

Old September 4th 03, 07:33 AM
Anonymous

Default Help with Epson 3200, Please!

Asus P4C800-E W2k w/SP4

Scanner runs directly to motherboard USB port with Epson cable.

Here's what happens:

EPSON Perfection 3200

Power on-

The scanner light (green) flashes for several seconds then turns a steady
green. The lamp inside the scanner is on.

Try to run any Epson Scan Application or any Application that uses the Twain
Driver and the following happens:

Warning Box with: Epson Scan cannot be started, etc.

(dismiss above, then)

Warning Box with: The Scanner cannot be detected

Open Control Panel

Open Scanners and Cameras

Devices Tab

EPSON Perfection 3200 is listed

Click Properties

‘General’ Tab

Mfr: EPSON

Des: EPSON Perfection 3200

On Port: \\.\Usbscan0

The button ‘Test Scanner or Camera’ is disabled

If I unplug the scanner or turn-off the power the ‘EPSON Perfection 3200’
listing will disappear in the ‘Devices’ listing. When I turn the scanne on
the listing reappears, however the ‘Status’ always shows ‘Unavailable’.

Configuring the ‘Button’ for any of the listed applications will not cause
an application to launch.

_________________________

I down loaded the latest driver from Epson Support….no change.

_________________________

‘My Computer’ right click

Properties

Hardware Tab

Device Manager Button

Open Imaging devices

EPSON Perfection 3200

Double Click

General Tab

This device is working properly. Etc.

Driver Tab

Version 1.2.0.0

TIA

Old September 5th 03, 06:56 PM
Jim White

Right under this, you should have the option to enable or disable the
device. Does it show "use this device (enable)" ?

I'm not suggesting I know more than you, but I have missed the obvious in
the past!! :-)

Jim
"Anonymous" Nobody wrote in message ...
SNIP _________________________

'My Computer' right click

Properties

Hardware Tab

Device Manager Button

Open Imaging devices

EPSON Perfection 3200

Double Click

General Tab

This device is working properly. Etc.

Driver Tab

Version 1.2.0.0

TIA

News==----

Newsgroups

=---

Old October 15th 03, 01:54 AM
Fuzzball

I have a similar problem - same stuff reading in the same places as in
Jim's post. I have win2k and an epson 2450 photo. There is no option
under there to "enable this device". There *is* a grayed out button
that says "Test scanner or camera". Right now I can't use my scanner at
all. The scan button on the scanner does nothing at all, and when I use
epson's Scan to File, I get a popbox saying Unable to access scanner
because it is not ready or another application is using it. Be sure
scanner is on and no other application is using it..."

No other app is using it. Scanner is on and warmed up. The scanner
used to work a few months ago, but tried it this week and nothing works.
Fuz

Jim White wrote:

[...]

Fuzzy

"It is unwise to insult a doughnut by refusing to eat it."

== I am fuzzy underscore 2 at pop dot charter dot net ==