Canon quality control

Old July 12th 03, 02:29 PM
Al

Default Canon quality control

wrote in message
It was made in China. I complained to the tech department of the shop
I bought it from. When I took it in to them the oil film didn't show
up so they couldn't see it. I couldn't see it in the brightly lit tech
room, but I can see it when the glass is lit from the side, then it
is very noticable. I had cleaned the top of the glass before I took it
in, I think that was a mistake, I should have let them see it for
themselves.

Mike

On 18 Jun 2003 19:08:25 -0700, (Comet) wrote:

"CSM1" wrote in message

digy.com...
wrote in message
Yesterday I bought a Canon 5000F and it had a greasy film covering

the
glass. When I cleaned it off I noticed when the light came on as I

was
starting my first scan that there was also a layer of grease under

the
glass. I assume it was there as part of the manufacturing process and
someone missed cleaning it off before assembling the scanner.

A few years ago, the only other time I bought a Canon scanner, it

had
small pieces of material adhering to the lower surface of the glass
that put dots on all the scans. When I took it back to the shop I
checked all the other canon scanners of the same model and they all
had the same problem, only worse with some.

The shop I bought my latest scanner from is not the same one I bought
the previous one. Are there often problems with Canonr quality
control, or am I just very lucky with Canon?

I hope I don't have to look through all the other 5000fs when I take
it back today.

Thanks
Mike

It could be, that you have seen a whole bunch of scanners from the same
factory run, that had the same problem. Somebody in quality control was

not
on the ball.

Did you complaint to Canon Support?
Where is the unit manufactured/made in?

Same problem here. I just picked the 5000F yesterday and it also had the
film on it. I used an Vinegar based glass cleaner and it is okay now.